Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Claddagh Ring Group

Options
  • 23-04-2010 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey there, Just wondering has anyone heard of The Claddagh Ring Group, they are based in London but have advertised in the Galway Advertiser a couple of times looking for bar staff for their bars in London, thinking of applying for it so am wondering if anyone has heard of them or are they legit?? Any info would be great thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I've been in two of their pubs, The Claddagh Ring and The Quays. Both decent pubs and fairly lively. All their bar staff are Irish.

They're bars are not based in Central London but in areas, which traditionally hold established irish communities.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

i think they are part of the chain that pat mcdonagh of supermacs is involved with,mayb you could ring supermacs office in galway and make enquieries on "behalf of a friend" to find out more.office is in ballybrit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Not sure if Pat McDonagh has an interest in the group, but it's definitely legit.
    When I lived in London for a couple of years in the nineties, the Claddagh Ring was one of my favourite haunts, and it's a very decent and well-managed pub.
    The group (used to be 3 pubs, not sure if there are more now) is managed by Finbar who is originally from Galway county, and has been with them for 20ish years. He likes to hire Irish barstaff because of their professionalism and experience working in a busy environment.
    I was in school with Finbar's brother, so I am a little biased, but I would have no problem in recommending them to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Peter Hollian the owner is from Menlough/ Skehanagh in East Galway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 JohnMcManus

heffo1 wrote: »
    Hey there, Just wondering has anyone heard of The Claddagh Ring Group, they are based in London but have advertised in the Galway Advertiser a couple of times looking for bar staff for their bars in London, thinking of applying for it so am wondering if anyone has heard of them or are they legit?? Any info would be great thanks!!!
    The Claddagh Ring Group are totally legitimate.
    I have drunk in The Claddagh Ring pub in Hendon, London. Its a well run pub with good Irish bar staff. The owner has a preference for employing Irish bar staff, to keep the theme of an Irish pub.

• Advertisement
Advertisement