Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have my Desire! how to......

• 23-04-2010 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

After trailing around Dublin city centre yesterday,I now am an extremely proud gal- after being given loads of BS from various Meteor staff, I managed to get one in my local store, and at a reduced price to boot!

I have an extremely annoying alarm sound on my Nokia N95 (only one I can manage to hear) that I want to use as default alarm tone but i have no idea where to put it? I have to have it or else I can't get up in the mornings :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

dragona wrote: »
    After trailing around Dublin city centre yesterday,I now am an extremely proud gal- after being given loads of BS from various Meteor staff, I managed to get one in my local store, and at a reduced price to boot!

I have an extremely annoying alarm sound on my Nokia N95 (only one I can manage to hear) that I want to use as default alarm tone but i have no idea where to put it? I have to have it or else I can't get up in the mornings :D
    Have you tried the default yet? I had an N95 8GB before this and the Desire is about 10 times more annoying when it comes to the alarm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Yep I have tried the default - there is a particular mp3 I want to use as alarm tone, but cannot figure out where to put it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

dragona wrote: »

Reduced price you say!
    Where and how much ?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Just did a little experiment there.

All you need to do is put the MP3s that you want as an alarm on to the SD card. Make a folder named "alarms" and put the MP3s in there. Make sure you type the folder name all in lowercase letters or it won't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Great - thanks,I will give it a go! Am just LOVING the phone. All it needs to be perfect is Angry Birds :D

• Advertisement

Am I filtered out on the Mobile & PDAs forum or something ???

No ever answers my bloody questions ...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Is it not possible to upload a photo to someone else's facebook profile with the desire, like you can with facebook on a computer for example?

I was also trying to send an email with an attachment on gmail (a photo i took with the phone), but I just gave up. Any idea how to attach it?

And finally, does meteor not support sending MMS messages? i tried to send a photo I took with the phone, to a friend on vodafone but It wouldnt send..

thanks ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Am I filtered out on the Mobile & PDAs forum or something ???

No ever answers my bloody questions ...:(

Just to point out I've seen your question... so um yep your not invisible.

god's toy wrote: »
    Just to point out I've seen your question... so um yep your not invisible.

No worries I've gotten my answers via PM.
    Thanks thou

Tiesto wrote: »
    Is it not possible to upload a photo to someone else's facebook profile with the desire, like you can with facebook on a computer for example?

I was also trying to send an email with an attachment on gmail (a photo i took with the phone), but I just gave up. Any idea how to attach it?

And finally, does meteor not support sending MMS messages? i tried to send a photo I took with the phone, to a friend on vodafone but It wouldnt send..

thanks ...

I figured out how to send photos using google (going into the photo share options, selecting gmail ) but im struggling to get it to send. When i go into the outbook in gmail, it just says 'sending' but it never actually sends. The file size isnt greater than the max size... Any idea why this is?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Tiesto wrote: »
    I figured out how to send photos using google (going into the photo share options, selecting gmail ) but im struggling to get it to send. When i go into the outbook in gmail, it just says 'sending' but it never actually sends. The file size isnt greater than the max size... Any idea why this is?

thanks

I've sent a 871kb photo through Gmail no problem, I started with 'compose mail' and then attached it.

JustinOval wrote: »
    I've sent a 871kb photo through Gmail no problem, I started with 'compose mail' and then attached it.

ok thanks for the input Justin.
    The first image I sent was about the same size and sent fine..
    I tried to send a few more after that which were the same size but they just got stuck on status 'sending'..
    Connected through my local wireless network, and the connection is fine..

Edit : Seems to be working fine for me now .Not sure what the issue was earlier.

Advertisement