Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newborn babies to get bar codes instead of handwritten name tags

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Kepti wrote: »
    Whose reality? Were bar-codes introduced to supermarkets because of the convenience or as part of the desensitizing effort?
    No, I doubt that.

Yes, there was a need before now. They identified an ongoing problem and sought a solution to it. The article says the problem was illegible handwriting, not forgetfulness of staff.
    Yah, it's a major problem these days, people just can't write anymore. Probably best to abolish handwriting completely.
    You're railing against something that helps babies and makes hospitals more efficient.
    Yup, RFID chips make the world a safer place too and I rail against those being implemented also.

Some individuals choose to get RFID chips implanted so it somehow follows that anyone who chooses not to will be a branded a terrorist or has something to hide? Reads like a leap and unfounded fears to me.

That doesn't surprise me at all, it's not a fear on my behalf. Do you think the plan is to chip only half of the population ? what would be the point of that ?
    How do you think they will chip the ones who don't want to be chipped ? Perhaps single them out ? make it look like they have something to hide ?
    In the interest of safety, "get chipped", if not, you are not a team player and don't have the interest and safety of you're country and country men at heart. Therefore you could be the enemy. "If you are not with us, you are against us" Dont you think it is plausible ?
    The other option is to sit you down in a room and chat to you about about the pro's of getting chipped and hope that social conformity works it's magic.
    though I don't think any of the above will be necessary in you're case as you will be the eager excited sheep at the front of the queue with your sleeve rolled up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

If the tags can be tampered with, go missing etc. then the solution will be to embedd the barcodes onto skin.

problem-reaction-solution.

If the handwriting can be tampered with, the solution will be to embed the handwriting on the skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

How about they stop building prisons and make room for more hospitals thus requiring more nurses, then up their pay and at least somebodies getting their babies looked after and others with new jobs.
    I dont like the idea of babies all together in a room without their mother.
    Every mum should have a single area or room or at least a watch guard on the babies dorm.
    I also dont like the idea of ink going onto a newborns skin.Im sure that seeps into their blood stream i think it does with adults when they write on their hands with pens etc.Or at least i would imagine anything touching our skin in liquid form could be absorbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Torakx wrote: »
    How about they stop building prisons and make room for more hospitals thus requiring more nurses, then up their pay and at least somebodies getting their babies looked after and others with new jobs.
    I dont like the idea of babies all together in a room without their mother.
    Every mum should have a single area or room or at least a watch guard on the babies dorm.
    I also dont like the idea of ink going onto a newborns skin.Im sure that seeps into their blood stream i think it does with adults when they write on their hands with pens etc.Or at least i would imagine anything touching our skin in liquid form could be absorbed.

I'm pretty sure that you can't absorb ink through the skin.
    And my post wasn't literally suggesting that we should write on babies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Why is it that the child's name is printed on the band in the picture ?

Advertisement