Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long can it take to get a new ESB connection?

• 23-04-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

How long can it take to get a new ESB connection to a new one off house once all paperwork and payment has been sent?,, rough idea,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

3 months is typical in my experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Ye thats right. ESB are 12 weeks then it depends on how quick your electrician can get his work done and cert submitted. They will connect within a few days when the cert is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

if your connection fee is paid and cert is in, give them a ring quoting your MPRN number, and the nice lady should be in a poistion to tell you the lead time, and maybe push it along in the right direction....and as already said 8/10 weeks in most cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

yeh they warn you that it could take 12 weeks, so dont get excited :)

i sent of my form and money there few days ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

I sent my form and payment in this day last week. Got a call on wednesday from networks confirming that the payment has been recieved. Got another call from a guy who was at my site on thursday. I went out to meet him at the site. They have to put up 3 poles, my electrician will be done this week so is sending in his paperwork. The guy i saw on thursday told me he would have me connected in 6 weeks. I'm in Co. Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Neeni

Yup the timeframe is typically 12 weeks from date of payment to date of connection provided to notify ESB Networks that your duct is in place and you have your electrician submit a completion certificate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Be prepared for it to take a little longer than the 12 weeks though if you are planning on moving in or need the power for building. I was due to get connected last November, and because of all the flooding, winds, etc, there were very long delays in getting connected. My 4 poles were thrown in a ditch 2 miles from my house, only spotted by off chance by my father-in-law. Delays in total took a month which was a bit annoying. But, I'd imagine coming into summer, no such delays should occur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Be prepared for it to take a little longer than the 12 weeks though if you are planning on moving in or need the power for building. I was due to get connected last November, and because of all the flooding, winds, etc, there were very long delays in getting connected. My 4 poles were thrown in a ditch 2 miles from my house, only spotted by off chance by my father-in-law. Delays in total took a month which was a bit annoying. But, I'd imagine coming into summer, no such delays should occur.

Folks, at what stage of build should one be looking sending off the paper work to ESB ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Tred,
    We sent off our payment to the ESB a few weeks after we started the build as our builder predicted delays getting connected. About 3-4 months after this, we had our electrical plan drawn up properly which is required prior to connection.

We still ended up having to use generators and power from the neighbours until a week before moving in. If you anticipate moving into your house anytime before Christmas, I'd advise sending the payment by July at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

we use very little electric, our bills are tiny, probably about €30 p/m and that includes the standing charge, for a while we have been thinking about alternative energy and that is the way we will go in the new build :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement