Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower not Heating Water

• 23-04-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

I've a Micra Elite 2 Electric Shower about 6 years old, works fine, but yesterday i turned it on and its not heating the water.

I cleaned the head and filter and still the same and the water pressure has not changed.

Does anyone know what could be wrong

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

how old is it? heater element could be blown. they do go. dont think there is a safety overload in them from the element. try it on all the settings see if theres any difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭jacknife

Its 6 years old try it on all settings and still no hot water.

Can the heater element be replaced or get a new shower?

you can usually get new elements for them. try your local plumbing suppliers they mite know where you can get them. i know theres a guy in galway alrite that stocks spares for mira and triron showers

you can usually get new elements for them. try your local plumbing suppliers they mite know where you can get them. i know theres a guy in galway alrite that stocks spares for mira and triron showers

would you have his details thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

When the water does not heats its usually either the heating element or the filter needs to be cleaned.

You get this from above....

Another site which is great for help is the forum in

www.showerdoctor.co.uk

• Advertisement

jacknife wrote: »
    would you have his details thanks

not to hand but i can get them i know there name changed recently will get info and pm it on when i can.

When the water does not heats its usually either the heating element or the filter needs to be cleaned.

You get this from above....

Another site which is great for help is the forum in

www.showerdoctor.co.uk

Great site thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

jacknife wrote: »
    Great site thanks

Yes it is... Just remember english systems work different than irish. In otherwords. There is more power showers and electric showers per person in england than here.

If your stuck with anything just ask.

Advertisement