Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Paper

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

Im going for the workplace theme . Question: you know the tv series "The A-team", at the start of the show they show the name along with the infamous tune, well what do you call that font?
    Other than the lettering the show will have nothing to do with it :p

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/A-Team-Logo.svg

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Whelpy just type in 'A-Team font' into google, should come up instantly. I had to do that for font myself. Failing that try DaFont.com. They have Loads.
    Mine's tomorrow D=.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

A193 wrote: »
    My teacher says the Text is so important, what do examiners like tho?
    Is there a 'marking scheme' as such, or definite mark-getters?

From all our teacher has ever told us, here's what I've gathered - text is absolutely crucial, its not a poster without text! And yes there is a marking scheme - Good composition, creative response (your own unique take on the title. Good Text (can it be viewed from far away?). Evidence of skill in medium.

!!! wrote: »
    Seeing as I'm doing puppetry and not a poster anymore, I'm gonna throw my idea out there! (most of you will think wtf though!!!)

For 'Safety in the workplace'; I was going to make the page of paper the mirror in the middle of the car. The picture would include a mother's eyes (looking in the mirror from the driver's seat) back at her young child in the backseat (in a baby seat).
    She's a housewife, her child is her workplace. Doesn't have to advertise anything, and I don't think many people here will get how cooooooooooool of an idea it is!

Somebody do it in memory of me :p

The prep sheet is the main thing really. It shows your ability to develop your idea. Once you can justify your final piece and explain why you did it, and show evidence of development you can do whatever you want! I like that idea of the mirror:)

My own exam is tomorrow. Milan Fashion Week ftw. Originally thought zoolander haha. It will def be one of my ideas for prep xD. I would loved to have done the fool from king lear for puppetry if I could actually make a puppet!

Doing all my preps tonight though gutting our exam is so early! I'm so last minute <.> Gonna be an intense night/day! :pac::eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 perfectmisfit

I'm doing snooker and I read that you can bring in a stencil of the writing you're going to be using. Does that mean letters cut into cardboard or what? Quite confusing but would be helpful on the day to have lettering ready as I am going to trace it onto card and cut that

I'm doing snooker and I read that you can bring in a stencil of the writing you're going to be using. Does that mean letters cut into cardboard or what? Quite confusing but would be helpful on the day to have lettering ready as I am going to trace it onto card and cut that

It's the cut out you bring in , not the actual cut out letters. It saves LOADS of time so do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Anyone else doing a politician for higher level puppetry???
    What you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

What medium is everyone using for the still life?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

zam wrote: »

im using a black bic pen!
    its soo easy for shading & great because you dont have to worry about smudging etc....and you can't rub any of it out, which i love :)

_Chaos wrote: »
    im using a black bic pen!
    its soo easy for shading & great because you dont have to worry about smudging etc....and you can't rub any of it out, which i love :)

That sounds really cool!
    Unfortunately i'm terrible at that sort of thing :P
    I like acrylic cos you can paint over your mistakes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maisie

When you are doing the poster can you stick pictures on it. It does say you can bring in papers for collage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Maisie wrote: »
    When you are doing the poster can you stick pictures on it. It does say you can bring in papers for collage.

You can bring in cut up paper for the collage, but I'm pretty sure it's not allowed to stick full pictures onto the poster -unless you've done them during the five hours of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

zam wrote: »

the old reliable-oil pastels. I work better in colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lorcy

hey, nyoe knowhow to prepare for art lif drawing!?? and any ideas fr still life!!!.. so nervous!!

lorcy wrote: »
    hey, nyoe knowhow to prepare for art lif drawing!?? and any ideas fr still life!!!.. so nervous!!

DEFINITELY practice both, practiced the life drawing standing pose for the first time today... it was REALLY difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I can't find any willing models for the life drawing...so that's going to go well!

Just make sure for the 15 minute one you get the FULL body figure in and make sure it's proportionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

lorcy wrote: »

take a picture of a person in the given pose, print it out and draw around it, so you have a simple line drawing. practice drawing this as much as you can before the actual exam....this is what i did and tbh it made it SO much easlier!

ohh and to get the porpotion right, mark out your page before you draw anything. the head fits into the body seven-eight times (i use eight, just coz its easier to figure out where the waist would be), so make eight tiny horozantal lines down the page, from one-two is the head, number three is where the arms bend, number four is the waist, number five is the crotch, number seven is the knees and obv line eight would be the foot.
    the shoulders are the width of three heads, the arms bend half way don the torso
    Five eyes should fit across the face, and the nose(the nostrils) are the same width as one of the eyes. The eyes are located half way down the head, then half way from the eyes to chin is the nose.

I dono did that make ANY sense, but these pics might make a bit more sense than my rambelling :P
    http://z.about.com/d/drawsketch/1/0/o/Q/mangabody1.jpg
    http://media.herald-dispatch.com/blog/drawing/uploaded_images/Face-Diagram-763522.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Hey i'm hoping someone can help me a little bit.I'm doing the design paper and was wondering how many drawings should be on my preliminary sheet?I have four different ideas done on my preparatory sheet,I've picked the one I wanna develop.I've drawn 3 developments of it for practice.Should I maybe do anonther one or two possibly?

Also I noticed that you can lose marks if you copy an idea directly from your preparatory sheet onto yoru preliminary sheet,but it doesn't say you can lose marks if you copy from your preliminary to your final design proposal.All it says is "You should include any information that you consider necessary to communicate your final design proposal".

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

Finished yesterday. Overall i think i did better in all of the 3 practicals at the pre. The poster, after 5 hours was still not done, which was shoddy though everyone liked it, or maybe people just like gorillas in hard hats.
    I came to school early yesterday, so i went to tesco to examine some fresh fish (for the imaginative composition in passage b), but they didn't have any :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 All That Jazz

For the still life: is it ok to work on A3 paper, it says on the paper the max size of sheet is A2.

Our art teacher only allows us work on A2 but I am more comfortable with working on A3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

yep any size below A2 is fine, it really depends on what you are doing, if you feel you can do your best using A3 then don't worry ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

standing pose is always a bit easier than the sitting imo.
    and I'd love to work on A3 too but i'd be roared at if i even asked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 All That Jazz

That makes life a whole lot easier for me! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

^ haha I find the opposite, but maybe that's because we've done way more sitting than standing!

no probs Jazz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

Had my craft exam today. Pure wrecked! It didnt turn out as percise as I would have liked but thats lino for you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

What time is the still life exam on at 2moro? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Took a sneaky picture of my still life, Took the first passage honours to get objects.

dsc02339f.th.jpg

And my Craft was a Politician, Did fidel castro ;)

dsc02312n.th.jpg

dsc02339f.jpg

Advertisement