Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making money in the city

Options
  • 23-04-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

this is my numerous post regarding getting a job in Limerick and the purpose of this thread is for people like students who are not eligible for the dole and cant get a job to brainstorm together an come up with a way to get a job.

again iv handed out numerous cvs and daily check the websites as im sure all of ye job seekers have done..so

what can we do? emmigrate or moving town is out of the question for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

dave 27 wrote: »
    this is my numerous post regarding getting a job in Limerick and the purpose of this thread is for people like students who are not eligible for the dole and cant get a job to brainstorm together an come up with a way to get a job.

again iv handed out numerous cvs and daily check the websites as im sure all of ye job seekers have done..so

what can we do? emmigrate or moving town is out of the question for me

Where haven't you tried?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Where haven't you tried?

i have a bad ear so i cant work in pubs, so there..i suppose bookies and barbers..literally you name a shop and iv tried that, most places tho are either not hiring or not accepting cv's! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

you could start a band:D

you could sell drugs and illegal dvds:eek: wait bad idea it might come with jail time.

you could try internet jobs

you could go on social welfare if you cant get a job in the summer

you could have a carwash. but dressing in a bikini and pouring suds over yourself aint as hot if your a guy:rolleyes:

you could sell some unwanted stuff at home.

you could print 100 cvs and hand a cv into every single business in the city center and the shopping centers in the outskirts such as the cresent, parkway, ennis road and so on.

you could apply for steward work in thomond

you could try to get in touch with a job agency

you could put a note on the notice board at college saying your looking for work

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

i have a bad ear so i cant work in pubs, so there..i suppose bookies and barbers..literally you name a shop and iv tried that, most places tho are either not hiring or not accepting cv's! :o

Bad ear won't stop ya collecting glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Icky Thump wrote: »
    you could start a band:D

you could sell drugs and illegal dvds:eek: wait bad idea it might come with jail time.

you could try internet jobs

you could go on social welfare if you cant get a job in the summer

you could have a carwash. but dressing in a bikini and pouring suds over yourself aint as hot if your a guy:rolleyes:

you could sell some unwanted stuff at home.

you could print 100 cvs and hand a cv into every single business in the city center and the shopping centers in the outskirts such as the cresent, parkway, ennis road and so on.

you could apply for steward work in thomond

you could try to get in touch with a job agency

you could put a note on the notice board at college saying your looking for work

1. Sorry for asking but whats an internet job? if u mean applying for jobs online i go on that every day!

2. I already handed cv's to (on ennis road), woodies, smyths, the jean scene, dunnes jetland have me on file as i worked there for a christmas contract, lidl arent hiring, tesco, city centre is very well covered although im going over it again next week after college projects, parkway is all covered! crescent is mostly covered as is childers road retail park, parkway retail park and even castletroy shopping centre!

3. already steward in thomond but im not allowd steward until next season as i had to pull out last minute because i stubbed my toe, last time i was there was stevens day 26th dec..

4. that a good idea about the notice board but nobody really looks at that and its coming up to the exams so nobody will be around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

4. that a good idea about the notice board but nobody really looks at that and its coming up to the exams so nobody will be around!

You need to start your notice with FREE SEX in 24 point bold and then follow that with your notice, usually works for Homer :)

Advertisement