Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angle talks UFC

• 23-04-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

I know a lot of people don't like discussing pro wrestlers and MMA but I thought this was a good interview, Angle seems to have more than a keen interest in the UFC and still hopes to make a move in the next year or two. I know the guy is plagued with injuries, just wondering how you all feel in regards to his chances in the LHW or HW division?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf4QJc6aXrU&feature=player_embedded

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

No chance in hell.Great wrestler but too injury plagued and unfocused.
    He's been talking like this for years and hasn't made the move yet so I doubt he ever will
    Most success id ever see him achieving is a couple of regional show wins and some hand feeding in Strikeforce

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

2006 wants their ****e talk back put up or shut Kurt. Anyway he admitted in an out of character interview that he just says this kind of stuff get attention.

For those who dont know Angle schooled Brock backstage at a WWE show in Amateur Wrestling stand off in front of the locker room a number of years when they were both with company.

JokerD this isnt an attack on you for posting it btw.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

rovert wrote: »
    For those who dont know Angle schooled Brock backstage at a WWE show in Amateur Wrestling stand off in front of the locker room a number of years when they were both with company.

In what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

2006 wants their ****e talk back put up or shut Kurt. Anyway he admitted in an out of character interview that he just says this kind of stuff get attention.

JokerD this isnt an attack on you for posting it btw.

Yea I know, no bother. This kind of stuff really can get mixed reactions.

In what way?

It was a backstage freestyle wrestling match (unsanctioned lol), it was when Brock first debuted in WWE and one theory is that Brock didnt want to rock the boat with management by beating an establish name. It was meant to be a private "bout" until the word got out about it. Some claim it was very one sided, others say it was closer.

Kurt gets ripped to shreds here on this:
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/4/23/1439980/kurt-angle-still-pretending-that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

This has been talked about for a few years, the only chance, and it's a pretty slim one, of Angle ever gettin into the UFC is via TUF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I always thought that he and Tito had been separated at birth :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Id probably rather see angle vs Randy than James Toney vs Randy.

calex71 wrote: »

Oh god there is so many ways to reply to this but I dont want to break half the charter. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

He's too old, and is a health hazard waiting to happen. If he lives to 50, I'll be very suprised.

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »
    He's too old, and is a health hazard waiting to happen. If he lives to 50, I'll be very suprised.

I dont disagree, I dont either want to turn this thread into Pro Wrestling video-o-rama but this what Kurt did on Sunday.

That move thrashes your knees IF executed correctly. The other wrestler was woefully out of position (he should have been closer to the middle of the ring than he was). So Kurt had to jump vertical and up instead of flipping backwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Yeah I saw that. He's an idiot. Guy is a great mat wrestler and doesn't need to do that luchador stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Not being funny but is that real blood? and how do they not break their ribs jumping off that thing, they dont build em like mick foley anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That moonsault was ridiculous! Wow!

I love how Kurt says "I don't consider myself a Pro Wrestler" but then goes and does ridiculously dangerous luchador moves.

If Kurt does eventually join the UFC then he'l be a strong bet for the first to die in the cage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

He's too old and broken down to even consider MMA at a high level. 15 years ago maybe, but not now after all his body has been through. His injuries are so well documented that no commission would probably pass him to fight. His neck and knees are probably well fuct at this point.

Plus Dana has said on numerous occasions that he will never be coming to the UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Oh god there is so many ways to reply to this but I dont want to break half the charter. :pac:

0_o :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I dont disagree, I dont either want to turn this thread into Pro Wrestling video-o-rama but this what Kurt did on Sunday.
    Youtube clip
    OT but when did TNA switch to a standard ring :confused:
    Chris89 wrote: »
    Not being funny but is that real blood? and how do they not break their ribs jumping off that thing, they dont build em like mick foley anymore.
    Real blood id say
    And thats cause Mick is nuts :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

calex71 wrote: »

Was at impact around the time Frank Trigg was part of TNA and people confused him with Angle.

@Ultimate Chin its been a few months now, ever since they brought Hogan in to kill the promotion off.

Advertisement