Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone hear about the Shooting in Cabra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Has Williams done any radio interview since last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Has Williams done any radio interview since last night?

I think he's vying for NOTW front page - who will they pick - the footballer or the gangland shooting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pink Panther tune ?????

Dead Don Dead Don Dead Don Dead Don Dead Don

That's the Inspector Clouseau theme :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Why do they shoot in pubs all the time? There are many witnesses and presumably the intended targets are not drinking alone so there is also the danger that others may be carrying a gun and return fire. Why not shoot them outside their houses? If I were a gangland supremo, I would prob do my drinking at home.

wyndham wrote: »
    Why not shoot them outside their houses? If I were a gangland supremo, I would prob do my drinking at home.

Most of them have cctv outside their houses and wear bullet proof vests - you'd need a precise aim. I think that's why they do the deeds in pubs - there's no room for error and that's why they are shot in the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

The pubs must have CCTV too surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Has anyone been by there today? Is it closed for morning drinks? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

but i guess he means that at the houses they can look outside themselves but while a pub has cctv only the publican has access and no one is watching out for lads in balaclaves heading in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Surely a guy who has as many enemies as the Don knows it's only a matter of time before someone takes a pop,so why drink in public. Can they really be so deluded to think it's not going to happen to them.

If I was a gangland boss I'd have no friends or enemies,they'd all be dead.
    I'd be super lonely though.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

deelite wrote: »
    Totally agree with you. I'm not sure how the criminals get their nick names whether it's from the garda or journalists. But Williams who left the Sunday World to go to the NOTW claims that he's not afraid to name them - but he cant name anybody because of he'd be sued. And just who is paying for him to be under 24 hour protection? Plus anybody living in certain areas could do Williams job better than him.

Another point is a lot of these criminals have kids in school - just think how they (and their teachers) must feel.

People could do a better job than him but they don't. Coz of the fear of reprisal. They just have to think back to Veronica Guerin.
    uprising2 wrote: »
    Fatpuss is not a murderer, quick cash withdrawl expert, maybe. Dunne had it coming a long time, from a LOT of people, 2 very different personalities, shouldn't be confused.

Saint Fatpuss? He might not get his hands as dirty but he's hardly a pillar of the community.
    chubacca wrote: »
    that journalist writes about these guys just to sell newspapers and therefore must take some of the blame when these guys are gunned down due to his gloryfying of their activities in the national press

You could just as easily blame tv or music.
    Why do they shoot in pubs all the time? There are many witnesses and presumably the intended targets are not drinking alone so there is also the danger that others may be carrying a gun and return fire. Why not shoot them outside their houses? If I were a gangland supremo, I would prob do my drinking at home.

Person has let his guard down. Witnesses are all drinking alcohol. Big crowds make it harder to focus on a person. When I worked in a garage 4 men came in to rob the place. I couldn't describe them but I could tell you anything you want to know about their weapons. Also I reckon shooting them in a crowded pub lets the word out that they can get to you anywhere. And whats the point in being top of the pile if you cant leave your house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 chubacca

He wasn't killed because of what Paul Williams writes in the paper

williams writes about these guys gloryfying their crimes to impressionable youngsters,making the likes of eamon dunne even more notorious and reading about himself being dangerous and ruthless is just making his ego even bigger,which makes him more violent,credit to williams for exposing them,but he does'nt need to keep gloryfying them week after week,there is people in our society who actually like being called a villian or a thug or a gangster,
    williams does contribute to these guys downfall sooner rather than later,
    some people might say thats a good thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

The pub he was in would be known locally for criminal activities taken place there.

Let them kill each other. As long they don't hurt the innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CiaRa_TrueBlue

Yeah i agree with you there Stench. But its because of them that counties are getting a bad reputation.

The pub he was in would be known locally for criminal activities taken place there.

Nah I think the pub up the road is worse.

A lot of local old men go to matt whelans as far as I can see, I even see them perfecting their little comb-overs in the window outside before going in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There are many witnesses

Yes but how many will talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭wicklaman83

derfderf wrote: »
    the scanners around dublin say different.
    and what are the scanners saying as the guards are on tetra

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Has anyone been by there today? Is it closed for morning drinks? :pac:

I heard their giving Free Shots today;)

I heard their giving Free Shots today;)

ye Don say.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Definety the one up the road is well dodgy always has been
    Matts is a local through & through

Pot wrote:
    Definety the one up the road is well dodgy always has been

that one shall remain nameless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Pot wrote:

Its still a kip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭malcolmplex

Fatpuss is not a murderer, quick cash withdrawl expert, maybe. Dunne had it coming a long time, from a LOT of people, 2 very different personalities, shouldn't be confused.

I never suggested he was I was just pointing out that a lot of his mates like Marlo,John Daly and now Dunne have all met gruesome ends but I take your point about seperate personalities Fatpuss is more marsbarface than scarface:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Thanks for that just wondering is bradley tank a cockney slang - like a pedal and a crank (if you get my drift)

Bradley Tank
    M%202%20BRADLEY%20TANK.jpg

No, Bradley's make Tanks, he couldn't name the 2 brothers by name so called them "tank brothers".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

do ye reckon they can get your address from this site ??? ip address etc and hunt ye down :)

do ye reckon they can get your address from this site ??? ip address etc and hunt ye down :)

sshhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

noting is impossible if you've got the know how :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Who?, by Who?

Who?, by Who?

you by the bad guys :p

Did anyone else have the gardai call around yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

chubacca wrote: »
    williams writes about these guys gloryfying their crimes to impressionable youngsters,making the likes of eamon dunne even more notorious and reading about himself being dangerous and ruthless is just making his ego even bigger,which makes him more violent,credit to williams for exposing them,but he does'nt need to keep gloryfying them week after week,there is people in our society who actually like being called a villian or a thug or a gangster,
    williams does contribute to these guys downfall sooner rather than later,
    some people might say thats a good thing

Williams never actually named Eamonn Dunne, so he hasn't contributed. The only people who know who he was talking about would be people that know him or other criminals. Every other criminal knows who he is anyway.

Saying Williams has a part to play in the murder is absolutely ridiculous. He has the right to report on gangland crime and we have a right to read it if we want. There is only one person to blame for Dunne being shot and that is Dunne. If he wasn't a violent thug then he would not have been shot. What goes around comes around. Williams had nothing to do with it. Dunne decided his own fate. Everyone always wants to be top dog. Once he took over, he was always going to be murdered. It was all a matter of time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement