Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone hear about the Shooting in Cabra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Williams never actually named Eamonn Dunne, so he hasn't contributed. The only people who know who he was talking about would be people that know him or other criminals. Every other criminal knows who he is anyway.

Saying Williams has a part to play in the murder is absolutely ridiculous. He has the right to report on gangland crime and we have a right to read it if we want. There is only one person to blame for Dunne being shot and that is Dunne. If he wasn't a violent thug then he would not have been shot. What goes around comes around. Williams had nothing to do with it. Dunne decided his own fate. Everyone always wants to be top dog. Once he took over, he was always going to be murdered. It was all a matter of time.

This is true but I do think it would be a lot fairer if the Williams was not so economical with the truth. Williams thrives on snipets of information and thats all, he will recount the Finglas gyspy curse story till the cows comes home. But if he was such a good journalist how come he has never tracked this gypsy down - if she exists surely she could put another curse on the rest of the criminals in Dublin:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

deelite wrote: »
    This is true but I do think it would be a lot fairer if the Williams was not so economical with the truth. Williams thrives on snipets of information and thats all, he will recount the Finglas gyspy curse story till the cows comes home. But if he was such a good journalist how come he has never tracked this gypsy down - if she exists surely she could put another curse on the rest of the criminals in Dublin:p

That Gypsy story is BS, she's old Jenny, has loads of dogs, a traveller woman, was up in Blanchardstown last time I heard of her, a lot of the people who died during the "curse" and were added as they died and were not part of the original "gang" mentioned or sometimes even slightly, remotely connected, to be honest their are no "Gangs and Lieutenants, blah, blah", just loose affiliations, groups and in Finglas anyway a high percentage of psychopaths/void of conscience, and a lot of often simple acquirement of guns.
    Paul Williams really does print an awful lot of sh1t, I live smackbang in the murder triangle and it wouldn't be uncommon for me chat with "sunday world stars", both dead and alive, but an awful lot is Paul Williams ego that we read and wouldn't do too well under scrutiny.

Edit:
    Another thing, "Marlo" has never ever been called Marlo, he was known and still is as "Marno".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

uprising2 wrote: »
    That Gypsy story is BS, she's old Jenny, has loads of dogs, a traveller woman, was up in Blanchardstown last time I heard of her, a lot of the people who died during the "curse" and were added as they died and were not part of the original "gang" mentioned or sometimes even slightly, remotely connected, to be honest their are no "Gangs and Lieutenants, blah, blah", just loose affiliations, groups and in Finglas anyway a high percentage of psychopaths/void of conscience, and a lot of often simple acquirement of guns.
    Paul Williams really does print an awful lot of sh1t, I live smackbang in the murder triangle and it wouldn't be uncommon for me chat with "sunday world stars", both dead and alive, but an awful lot is Paul Williams ego that we read and wouldn't do too well under scrutiny.

Edit:
    Another thing, "Marlo" has never ever been called Marlo, he was known and still is as "Marno".

Jenny is not a traveller. She is from England. She's still in Blanchardstown.

Jenny is not a traveller. She is from England. She's still in Blanchardstown.

Sorry I thought she was a traveller, know she has an english accent, she was living at the crossroads with Dan Wall, the horse dealer and traveller, actually thought she was dead.

But all this Gypsy Curse originated in somebodies mind

EDIT: Rumour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Another one gone, "Bucko" a close friend of the don also now dead.

more info? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

spiderdot wrote: »
    Fatpuss was a very close associate of Dunne and is just as guilty and involved as Dunne in all the killings. He reaped his share of the takings so its only fair he should reap his share of the cost.

bet you wouldn say that to his face

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭McNulty32

Edit:

Bull he was always know as 'Marlo' around Cabra and Town, there is another scumbag from Cabra who goes by the name Marno as its a play on his second name.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    more info? :D

Rumour!
    McNulty32 wrote: »
    Bull he was always know as 'Marlo' around Cabra and Town, there is another scumbag from Cabra who goes by the name Marno as its a play on his second name.

No he was ALWAYS called "Marno" Hyland, never ever until Paul Williams came up with "Marlo" had he ever been known as that.
    You must be getting confused with somebody else, and you certainly didn't know him if you believe he was known as "Marlo"

EDIT:
    Google both, Marlo will lead to mainstream news stories, Marno will lead to bebo tribute pages by people who actually knew him.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭McNulty32

Rumour!

No he was ALWAYS called "Marno" Hyland, never ever until Paul Williams came up with "Marlo" had he ever been known as that.
    You must be getting confused with somebody else, and you certainly didn't know him if you believe he was known as "Marlo"

EDIT:
    Google both, Marlo will lead to mainstream news stories, Marno will lead to bebo tribute pages by people who actually knew him.

A bebo page doesnt make it so, everyone on Attracta Road knew who MARLO was, Marno was another hood who lived in the area, Marlo was well around before Williams coined it

• Advertisement

Marno was around before williams coined "marlo"
    McNulty32 wrote: »
    A bebo page doesnt make it so, everyone on Attracta Road knew who MARLO was, Marno was another hood who lived in the area, Marlo was well around before Williams coined it

HYLAND Marno Quietly today your memory we treasure, Missing you always forgetting you never. - Bob & Elaine

http://www.announcement.ie/browse?date=2008-12-12;page=8;type=all_memorial

http://www.announcement.ie/2474749

Do you know Bob?, his long time friend from Cabra?, seems Bob got mixed up about his name also.

Meet me in my dreams Marno Talk to me once more.
    http://www.announcement.ie/2474759
    Mother of his children got it wrong also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Skipper1984

Grusome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Latest score 1-0 to uprising2

Latest score 1-0 to uprising2

I told my keeper to take the evening off, I won't be needing him.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

--LOS-- wrote: »
    that one shall remain nameless.
    The Oasis!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Jumbo156 wrote: »
    The Oasis!

The Cabra House! :P

Ive been in once. Its strange being able to smoke in a pub lol

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

Would you tell someone in there that they are being fined for smoking, I wouldn't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Most Pubs have a smell of smoke in the toilets anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Jumbo156 wrote: »
    The Oasis!
    Dancor wrote: »

I was actually thinking of C****** but ye that one's worse, the only time I went up that way there was a shetland pony standing outside the pub and loads of big dogs not on leashes and I'm sure they're the least of anyones worries. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭katzenjammer

Dancor wrote: »

Haha... I've been in the Faussagh a few times and it was the same. Like stepping back in time- it was manky!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Rumour!

I heard the same rumour too.

Things are gonna be very tense around these parts over the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

Fatpuss next????:D
    hear about the shooting tonight?? 2 brothers dead?? bradleys????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

smokie2008 wrote: »
    hear about the shooting tonight?? 2 brothers dead?? bradleys????

Is there anything in the media yet?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I'd say fatpuss got it tonight

I just heard it was in Clondalkin and the victim's where from Bally'er.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Is there anything in the media yet?.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0628/dublin1.html

Two men shot dead in Dublin city
    Monday, 28 June 2010 22:36

Gardaí are investigating a double shooting on the Neilstown Road in west Dublin this evening.

Two men in their 30s were shot at approximately 8pm. Gardaí later confirmed both men were fatally wounded.

The two men were brothers and were known to gardaí for their connections with organised crime.

The scene has been sealed off pending a forensic and technical examination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

has to be the fat heads is it?

has to be the fat heads is it?

When all else fails, read the links provided...
    Two criminal brothers have been shot dead and a teenage boy injured in a double gun murder.

The men, named locally as Paul and Kenneth Corbally, were gunned down as they sat with the youth in their executive style car in Neilstown, west Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 chubacca

were these lads related to william "jock" corbally

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement