Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to NUI..

• 23-04-2010 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Im a Sixth year student, going to opening day tomorrow by DART and then train from Connolly.. Can't find directions anywhere! Is the college beside the train station does anyone know? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

When you walk out of the train station you'll eventually get to a junction with loads of traffic lights. If you turn left at those lights you'll get to south campus. If you cross straight over that road and walk up passed manor mills, in a straight line, follow the path around the back until you get to another set of lights, cross over the road and you'll see the college's north campus. It's about 4 minutes to south campus and 15 minutes to north campus :)

Have fun, it's a lovely place! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

South Campus is 2 mins from the train station. Chances are if you get off there'll be a steady stream of students going to and from so it won't be hard to find. If there's not you just cross the bridge outside the train station, walk towards town and take a left at the lights for south campus or go straight ahead and take the next left for north campus.

http://www.nuim.ie/location/maps/estates.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

RoRoCullen wrote: »
    How to get to NUI..
    Study?

badoom dum tsh:D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

When you walk out of the train station you'll eventually get to a junction with loads of traffic lights. If you turn left at those lights you'll get to south campus. If you cross straight over that road and walk up passed manor mills, in a straight line, follow the path around the back until you get to another set of lights, cross over the road and you'll see the college's north campus. It's about 4 minutes to south campus and 15 minutes to north campus :)

Have fun, it's a lovely place! :)

Thanks! I found a map on the site eventually! Thats great I really want to go there! Dragging my sister with me tomorrow lol. Do you know though, is it easier to get a bus from Pearse Station? 66 I think? Thanks anyhow! Great help :D

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Study?

badoom dum tsh:D

Lol! Ah yes well I got 475 in my mocks and the Arts course I want is 375, Im well on my way ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

RoRoCullen wrote: »
    Thanks! I found a map on the site eventually! Thats great I really want to go there! Dragging my sister with me tomorrow lol. Do you know though, is it easier to get a bus from Pearse Station? 66 I think? Thanks anyhow! Great help :D

I get the train generally so I dunno about the bus really... The train is probably faster.

As far as I'm aware the bus stops on the middle of the main street. Walk towards the Roost bar, to get to South campus walk straight across the road and it's right it front of you. If you're going to North campus, walk towards Dunnes and follow the rest of the directions I gave before. It's not hard and like Irish Goat says, there'll more than likely be a load of people walking in the same direction. Best of luck!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

The bus is a euro cheaper but takes a good half an hour longer at least(depending on traffic). It leaves you on the main street and from there you can see the south campus.

I get the train generally so I dunno about the bus really... The train is probably faster.

As far as I'm aware the bus stops on the middle of the main street. Walk towards the Roost bar, to get to South campus walk straight across the road and it's right it front of you. If you're going to North campus, walk towards Dunnes and follow the rest of the directions I gave before. It's not hard and like Irish Goat says, there'll more than likely be a load of people walking in the same direction. Best of luck!

Thanks a million! Im heading for the North Campus, Arts Building! Im 100% sure my eleven year old sister will make me stop in some shops in the town anyhow before hand lol. Thanks Michelle!!

irish_goat wrote: »
    The bus is a euro cheaper but takes a good half an hour longer at least(depending on traffic). It leaves you on the main street and from there you can see the south campus.

Thanks a million for the info!

Advertisement