Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malahide Walks

Options
  • 23-04-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, i know some of you will have seen pics of Brodi in the pics thread.

Does anybody fancy meeting up for a dog walk in Malahide Castle grounds? My wife and I are trying to mingle her with as many dogs/people as possible and thought this may be a good idea.

For those that haven't seen a pic of her she's a 7month old Boxer Bitch. Very friendly towards all other dogs and people.

Just an idea

IMG_3317.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

She's a beauty. I live in Malahide right next to the castle and often walk our JRT there, he's very friendly and loves other dogs but every dog he sees he cries and pulls on the lead to get to (just for a sniff and a hello and then he's over it, he's not at all aggressive) so I think the more time he spends around dogs the better to get used to them. I'd be very interested. There seems to be quite a few people on here who regularly walk their dogs in Malahide so hopefully we might get a few for this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

i have a GSD he's a big enough fellah now, very friendly and he is a big softie , he does like to chase other dogs around and be chased if that would be any use to you? he's just 18 months old now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Just wanted to say she is really cute. Does she have a long tail? It's kinda hard to see but looks like she does. I think they're so nice with long tails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Claire & Techno, sounds like a plan, what sort of days are you thinking of? I'm off 2moz, Mon & Tues then in for 5 nights.

We;ll probably be taking her up to the castle and grounds on both them days anyway

Be good for Brodi to mingle wit more dogs and people, also i'm sure you sometimes come across arsey people who give ya the look just because you have a GSD, i don't think Brodi has ever met one yet

Sure there will be many more interested given a bit of time

monday would suit me, seeing as the weather isnt supposed to be too great.

Monday afternoon? round 2-4 wouldnt be many about and traffic woulkd be easy.

• Advertisement

TechnoPool wrote: »
    monday would suit me, seeing as the weather isnt supposed to be too great.

Monday afternoon? round 2-4 wouldnt be many about and traffic woulkd be easy.

Sounds like a plan then, if ya know Malahide Castle, drive in, sharp left turn and drive to end of car park, some benches there, we'll be there around 2ish.

Anyone else fancy tagging along feel free, just bring a dog!!

Unfortunately I'm working but hopefully I'll catch ye another time. Enjoy the walk! :)

scudzilla wrote: »
    Sounds like a plan then, if ya know Malahide Castle, drive in, sharp left turn and drive to end of car park, some benches there, we'll be there around 2ish.

Anyone else fancy tagging along feel free, just bring a dog!!

ye no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

Hi just reading your posts i also have a boxer bitch ...her name is Ruby and i bring her over to malahide most weekends,maybe we could meet up:)

No worries sassy, we can't do this weekend as it's my turn to work and my wife has other commitments but weekend after is fine. Look forward to her tear arsing about wit another Boxer.

Met up wit Technopool today and his awesome GSD Zeus, the dog's got on real fine, gonna have to do it again some time., let me know when your up for it

When we left Brodi was real hot as it was a beautiful day, we drove back past Malahide yacht club and saw a guy wit 2 boxers, he was launchin a ball into the sea from the slip way, we stopped and Brodi finished the day off wit a nice cool down swim.

Anyone else gonna come?

• Advertisement

ye day went grand very hot day , i think both dog's were taking it easy.

but both seemed to enjoy it , more the merrier. :D

I finish my nights at 7am so will be off for a week :D:D

We'll be taking Brodi up there most days this week if anybody wants to tag along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hey just seen the thread.

Would love to meet up as I'm only five minutes from the castle, however I can't let me guys off the lead there so for that reason - I'm out :p

I do however have somewhere close by where they're free to do what dogs love to do best - run free!.

Hey just seen the thread.

Would love to meet up as I'm only five minutes from the castle, however I can't let me guys off the lead there so for that reason - I'm out :p

I do however have somewhere close by where they're free to do what dogs love to do best - run free!.

There's a field in the corner that i'm sure ya could get away with it in, hardly anybody gos there. It seems to be pretty lenient at Malahide anyways.

I'm pretty sure i've seen you mention your dogs somewhere before, maybe even a pic, are they pits??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

scudzilla wrote: »
    There's a field in the corner that i'm sure ya could get away with it in, hardly anybody gos there. It seems to be pretty lenient at Malahide anyways.

I'm pretty sure i've seen you mention your dogs somewhere before, maybe even a pic, are they pits??

A Pit and a Staff. I walk them not too far from Malahide Castle, if you see us out (and we walk for miles!) you'll know us by the long splitter lead - I'll try get some photos this morning.

I'm sure you could let them run free in Paddy's Hill Makikomi?

Weekends are the only time I can do this but I might catch ye at some stage.

were up for headin down again , just need a heads up when your heading down.

We'll be there around 2ish 2moz afternoon if anyone wants to come play :D

We'll be takin Brodi up on Sat & Sun if anybody wants to join us, not arsed about times

i can pop up on sunday with me fella, workin til then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Great idea folks, I wish there was something like that around Wicklow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Gorgeous boxer :D

i can pop up on sunday with me fella, workin til then!

Sounds like a plan, I'm starting my 4 nights Sun night but will be ok anytime before 1pm as need me beauty sleep

Great idea folks, I wish there was something like that around Wicklow :(

So start it then, I've just done one here for Malahide cos the grounds for the castle is where we walk Brodi.

Sure you'll find like minded people if you started a thread, i only did it as it gets the dogs to mingle and the people seem to be decent

say bout 11am then down the park or 12?

say bout 11am then down the park or 12?

11 sounds like a plan, if anybody else wants to come just bring a dog....or 6

no worries, same place ye?

We'll be up there tomorrow and Sun around 11ish if anyone wants to come

should be der tomrw, i'll try get one of the lads to bring his St. Bernard

• Advertisement

be there round 12

Advertisement