Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Near Charlesland

Options
  • 23-04-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I saw smoke as I was driving in to the village. It was coming from the Shoreline, Rugby Club region at around dusk. On my way back I saw 2 fire engines parked by the side of the road near the back of Charlesland Wood with bubblegum lights in full glare. Anyone know what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

There was another fire in that vacinity about 2 weeks ago. In the tall grass between the rugby club and Charlesland.

My first thought was that, with the dry hot weather, the fire started by itself but I don't think it was warm enough for that. Maybe a discarded cigarette butt or maybe more malicious...

It's all speculation of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

d31b0y wrote: »
    There was another fire in that vacinity about 2 weeks ago. In the tall grass between the rugby club and Charlesland.

My first thought was that, with the dry hot weather, the fire started by itself but I don't think it was warm enough for that. Maybe a discarded cigarette butt or maybe more malicious...

It's all speculation of course.

Dry HOT? :)

There was a fire on Friday evening aswell.

Advertisement