Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Patch - ALOT of nerfs

Options
  • 23-04-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

I haven't tried it yet but reading the changelog I can't help but feel they've ruined the game.

Increased the base range of all Automatic and Semiautomatic weapons for more consistent close range combat.
    Slightly increased the damage of Semiautomatic rifles over long range for more consistent damage output.

Increased the zoomed burst accuracy of LMGs and decreased LMG accuracy when moving to reduce LMG run and gun.
    Decreased the base damage of the M60 and XM8 LMGs to bring them in line with the other LMG damage values.
    Decreased the damage of the PKM over long range to balance it with other LMGs.
    Increased the base damage of the Type88 LMG to balance it with other LMGs.

Slightly reduced the base damage of the M16 and G3 to balance the increased range.
    Slightly increased the damage of the AEK971, F2000, AN94, and AUG over long range to balance them with other Assault Rifles.

Reduced the lethal blast range of the 40mm grenade and M2CG to highlight their role as a secondary weapon against infantry.
    Slightly Reduced the max range of the 40mm shotgun to balance it with other shotguns.
    Slightly increased the base damage of shotgun rounds and reduced their range to clarify ideal shotgun combat distance.

Reduced the base damage of the PP2000 to balance the increased range.
    Increased the damage of the 9A91 over long range to balance its lower magazine size.

Increased the damage and range of the M9, M93 pistols to make them more desirable as a secondary weapon.
    Increased the range of the MP443 pistol to make it more desirable as a secondary weapon.
    Increased the damage of the MP412 over long range to balance its low rate of fire.
    Slightly reduced the rate of fire of the M1911 pistol to balance it with other pistols.

Increased the repair and overheat speeds of the Power Tool. Now overheats sooner but repairs the same amount before overheating.
    Increased the maximum number of Motion Sensors that can be carried from 2 to 3 and increased the speed which new sensors are acquired from ammo boxes.
    Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets.
    Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles.
    Decreased the range of Bolt Action Sniper and Pump Shotgun Slug rounds when using Magnum Ammo for better Kit Balance, especially in Hardcore.
    Slightly increased the Health of soldiers in Hardcore for better Kit Balance.

Increased the benefit from the Medkit Heal+ specialization to make it more desirable as a Specialization.
    Decreased the benefit from Vehicle Reload Speed to balance it against other Vehicle Specializations.
    Slightly decreased the benefit from accuracy specializations to balance the changes to range and accuracy tweaks.

Fixed a bug where the BMD3 would take extra damage to the front armor.
    Reduced the explosive damage from Attack Helicopter cannons.
    Increased the damage of AA guns against all targets. The AA gun should be much more effective against infantry on Port Valdez.

Gonna give it a shot now and see what's changed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

This is the one that gets me..

Increased the damage of AA guns against all targets. The AA gun should be much more effective against infantry on Port Valdez.

It's a fúckin AA gun.,.,what the hell are you doing using it on infantry..it shouldn't be depressing that far down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Berkut wrote: »

It's a fúckin AA gun.,.,what the hell are you doing using it on infantry..it shouldn't be depressing that far down.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.8_cm_FlaK_18/36/37/41?wasRedirected=true
    Germans used flak guns in ww2 that originally were used for anti air on tanks in africa..... Anti air guns typically fire very big calibre bullets which are perfect for shredding infantry. Don't see a problem myself with using AAA on infantry :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

The new < 4 Players and scoring is disabled has annoyed me greatly, although I can see its point to stop cheaters. Myself and two friends used to play on empty servers, 1 attacking , 2 defending and the objective was to play the Rush level through to completion, but being on your own you have to be a lot more stealthy, and for the record we did not just harvest points, we genuinely tried to out best each other. *sigh* this has annoyed me a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

majiktripp wrote: »
    The new < 4 Players and scoring is disabled has annoyed me greatly, although I can see its point to stop cheaters. Myself and two friends used to play on empty servers, 1 attacking , 2 defending and the objective was to play the Rush level through to completion, but being on your own you have to be a lot more stealthy, and for the record we did not just harvest points, we genuinely tried to out best each other. *sigh* this has annoyed me a bit...

But nothing is stopping you from continuing to do this. If you enjoy it so much, the lack of points won't put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Thats true enough, just feel's hollow when your putting in say 45 minutes of gameplay for one round of rush (it takes quite a while when 1v2) and not getting any XP for it, although it was never vast amounts but still was better than nothing.
    TBH I prefere smaller games with 3-8 players on the open levels as its not as hectic as a 32 player game, and I find you can work better as a team, but thats just my preference really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

yeah i just noticed about a week ago that the knife is a bit less reliable than normal lol.

Before it was about 95% of akill now its about way less than that. ive tried to knife folks who never seen me coming and then the knife fails and well your screwed lol:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Scram wrote: »
    yeah i just noticed about a week ago that the knife is a bit less reliable than normal lol.

Before it was about 95% of akill now its about way less than that. ive tried to knife folks who never seen me coming and then the knife fails and well your screwed lol:(

Been like that since tha patch alright.

knife 4/5 times and still might not get the kill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I dunno why but I haven't played more than 30 mins since the new patch came out. Before it came out I was playing almost every single day =/

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Berkut wrote: »

Its extremely ironic when you look at the Gustav-

Reduced the lethal blast range of the 40mm grenade and M2CG to highlight their role as a secondary weapon against infantry.

The Gustav now is apparently not meant to be used against infantry, its primary role. What is it suppose to be used for considering its useless against tanks. What is their collective IQ?
    I still enjoy it but it definitely has lost its bunker buster nature and reduced the fun factor and effectiveness. Why bother use anything but an RPG now.

I had a feeling Dice would cave in to all the whiners on the forum. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

i dont get it, they where suppose to nerf the CG and well it seems the same as ever feck ive even used it and i hate it lol.

its really annoying, i dont mind getting killed but by this weapon, ah ffs.

• Advertisement

It isnt a huge reduction but definitely seems theres a smaller range of splash damage, its a must to use the explosive perk now with it.
    Its just the fact that they say it should be less effective against infantry is what annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Its extremely ironic when you look at the Gustav-

The Gustav now is apparently not meant to be used against infantry, its primary role. What is it suppose to be used for considering its useless against tanks. What is their collective IQ?
    I still enjoy it but it definitely has lost its bunker buster nature and reduced the fun factor and effectiveness. Why bother use anything but an RPG now.

I had a feeling Dice would cave in to all the whiners on the forum. Ah well.

By the Whiners on the forums you mean the people who actually play the game the way its meant to be played.....instead the likes of you run around with the CG and fire it from as far away as possible getting nooob kills and actually think it was skill....pmsl.

Go play Team Fortress 2 the soldier in that would be right up ur street....pure run and gun no tactics :rolleyes:

The CG doesn't seem any different, especially with the explosive add-on.

The 40mm is useless unless you get a direct hit now, even with the explosive add-on. The amount of times I've hit people right behind a wall and it hasn't killed them is very frustrating.

Its a fantastic secondary weapon. And one which I don't mind being killed by a grenade.

The CG IRL used as anti-infantry, only arms betweem 15-70m (depending on the round and setting) and this should be implemented in the game to avoid the run-around-the-corner-into-a-Gustaf death.

Yeah, I agree. But some of the ways you get killed by the CG is just crazy....most peeps use it as a sniper rifle from across maps with splash damage etc....its so annoying when in the middle of a firefight and get killed by a CG and the death cam has them on top of house or whatever miles away.....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    By the Whiners on the forums you mean the people who actually play the game the way its meant to be played.....instead the likes of you run around with the CG and fire it from as far away as possible getting nooob kills and actually think it was skill....pmsl.

Go play Team Fortress 2 the soldier in that would be right up ur street....pure run and gun no tactics :rolleyes:

Big assumption

The whiners on the ea forums complain about everything. Not just CG. Check out my stats http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/chowley I dont whore the CG, i mix up my guns all the time to be fair. Theres a fair spread of usage there apart from sniper rifles (i just dont have the patience, i play recon with a shotty and die a lot :))
    Today a guy was whining about shotguns for god sake.

Right back to the post you quoted. Did you read it? I said its ironic that an infantry weapon should be reduced in effectiveness against infantry. Im not complaining about it. I said that its not a huge deal. Its still fun to use.
    If you think im one of these people who go for the op gun again check my stats look for m60, not much use on that hhmm? I tend to go for G36 more or using the MG3 now that i unlocked it.

I think the game is fine, the weapon balance was fine at launch, its fine now i dont care. I think they should just let the game be and stop listening to the whiners. Why did they buff the Abakan? I really like that gun but it was a needless improvement.

When someone kills me with a Carl Gustav or a Noob Tube, yes its annoying but you know what i shrug it off and get on with it. Going by your stats anyway you seem rather good at the game and getting on fine despite all the CG spam which is hugely blown out of proportion, granted it does seem a lot worse in Rush but i generally stick to Conquest and see very little use of the weapon.

Sorry for the direct link to yourself Beans....I was as you pointed out assuming you were one of the jedi noob tubers. No offense intended.

I only have two problems with the game and both are IMHO glitches.....1st and foremost the RPG infantry kill, any scenario where two infantry meet should be 50/50...with skill being the ultimate winner on the most part. When you get people running around soley with RPG to kill infantry it just TOTALLY ruins the game and more importantly its VERY IMPORTANT to try and stop it before it gets out of control.

The 2nd is the shotgun glitch...kills from across the map with a shotgun....WTF!

Being killed with the 40mm nade is not a problem and I dont consider that "noob tubing" is a vital part of the assualt kit....just like the medic can heal after a kill etc.

All it needs is the reload times to be longer to stop the infantry kills or the arming times to change.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Hey lads
    Anyone noticed the shotgun misses a lot now, even at close range, thought it was a ping thing but it's happening quite a bit to me.

If I had to make one change I'd get rid of sniping altogether, it'd encourage team play a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Hey lads
    Anyone noticed the shotgun misses a lot now, even at close range, thought it was a ping thing but it's happening quite a bit to me.

Yeah thought it was just me. You have to get crosshairs right on; any minimal variation left or right on and you'll miss. That bein said, they're bloody lethal when aimed right.

As for gustavs they're a pain in the butt, but i suppose engies need something, outside of hardcore the engy gun is pretty bad uless up close. Saw a guy the other night on that map with all the houses and snow just rack up gutav kills. He was 34 for 3 at one stage.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hey lads

I just to love me shotties until they made an arse of them in the patch.Used to rack up quite a few kills aswell unusually enough for me.Even my tank killing/mcom destroying method is fecked ie drop mines on top of tank/mcom,back off and then shoot mines.Used to take one shot to blow the mines up with the shotgun now it takes 3/4.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I just to love me shotties until they made an arse of them in the patch.Used to rack up quite a few kills aswell unusually enough for me.Even my tank killing/mcom destroying method is fecked ie drop mines on top of tank/mcom,back off and then shoot mines.Used to take one shot to blow the mines up with the shotgun now it takes 3/4.

Yeah, I noticed that too - though I was never a big shotty user.

Funny thing though - I can't kill with them, but seem to get the ar$e blown off me quite a lot by them... hmm..

• Advertisement

Shotguns are great for any close levels. used to one-shot all the time with em with the magnum ammo.
    No need to use sights either (as it should be with a shotgun). I love playing eng or recon with my trusty pump action shotgun especially in house levels.
    Even the SG attachment for infantry is cool although the reload time is a killer.

As far as the CG goes it teaches you not to go down nube tube alleys and stay away from the outer walls of houses ^ ^.
    I'm only now starting to get a hang on where not to be ^ ^.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sorry for the direct link to yourself Beans....I was as you pointed out assuming you were one of the jedi noob tubers. No offense intended.

I only have two problems with the game and both are IMHO glitches.....1st and foremost the RPG infantry kill, any scenario where two infantry meet should be 50/50...with skill being the ultimate winner on the most part. When you get people running around soley with RPG to kill infantry it just TOTALLY ruins the game and more importantly its VERY IMPORTANT to try and stop it before it gets out of control.

The 2nd is the shotgun glitch...kills from across the map with a shotgun....WTF!

Being killed with the 40mm nade is not a problem and I dont consider that "noob tubing" is a vital part of the assualt kit....just like the medic can heal after a kill etc.

All it needs is the reload times to be longer to stop the infantry kills or the arming times to change.....

I do agree with you about the Carl, its fun to use but Arica CQ is ruined by it. I think rush is worse affected too. I see the odd guy using it in CQ and he has 7 gold stars, or platinum with the Carl Gustav and you see why but its rare.
    I suppose it annoys me so much the call for nerfing/buffing as it reminds me of the horrible community of WoW and to a lesser extent StarWars Galaxies.

I do think they should add bullet drop to the CG, it is too easy to aim.

I havent seen that shotgun bug. Haha i love shotguns but im awful with them, i cant hit anyone from 5 metres with slugs nevermind long range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Shotguns are great for any close levels. used to one-shot all the time with em with the magnum ammo.
    No need to use sights either (as it should be with a shotgun). I love playing eng or recon with my trusty pump action shotgun especially in house levels.
    Even the SG attachment for infantry is cool although the reload time is a killer.

Actually hope the new patch decreases the assault rifle's shotgun attachment reload time. Started messing with it last night, its bloody lethal.

anyone know a good search term for craggy island server?
    can't find it in search, tried
    craggy,
    craggy island,
    cis,
    ci,
    no luck yet.

Found it ^ ^ "Craggy island" Caps sensitive was the problem.
    Had a couple of games on it, great games, squads tended to stick together and way less snipers than usual (always a good thing ^ ^).

Ya was great fun there tonight, a buddy of mine directed me to it. Havent played there before. Great name too.

Its getting very hard to get a squad that stays together...BIG TIME. If I am able I ALWAYS inform the squad whats next. And I would prioritise my squad to the way I play....i.e Dead Team mate has to be revived ASAP and running around with ammo /medic etc....The amount of god dam rstupid running around I do in this game is madness. As in helping team-mates

Maybe its the way I play the game that has me seperated from my squad sometimes but I think the above it the way it should be.....

I am agressive when attacking, not much hanging back especially if attacking in numbers....real BAD BOYS - Will Smith sh.i.t***....u FEEL ME!

After taking a flag you assess/sweep for stragglers in the area and move out....if after taking a flag a close flag is getting taking THATS were you go IMHO its alot easier and QUICKER to defend YOUR FLAG then attack another with the potential respawns etc.

So dont attack another flag without defending the nearest one....that way you actually have a chance to pin the enemy to no flags and them having to leave the home deployment and easi pickings so to speak...

Also each and every time you die you need to watch the overview map (live action map when dead and waiting for spawn) for vital clues...you can often see armour and where men are coming from and hiding (the amount of kills you can get from this) for when you respawn. So if your squad thats left alive are a sniper and two medics with armour rolling in....dont spawn back as a useless class ENGINEER is what is required. You really should be able to play at least 2 classes with EASE to be really effective. TBH most of the guns from the get go are really good, its only the add ons that make them stand out.

But hey WHAT DA FOOK DO I KNOW NOOOOOOB BITCH!:eek:

Definitely. Seriously, I don't know how many times I've taken a flag, stayed to defend, only to find I'm the only one there, and end up getting killed and the flag being re-taken.

PITA.

A good squad should always stick together.

4 people = 2 Assault, 1 medic, 1 Engineer / Sniper (for anti armour duties)

If this group stay in/around a flag, there should be no problem defending it.

Everyone should have plenty of ammo and health crates, and if someone dies, hopefully the medic can revive, but if not (keep an eye out for attackers) at least the dead member can respawn either at the flag, or the safety of a squad member in cover.

TBH dubs....in an ideal world you would have the above in a squad but its never gonna happen. But along as you dont have 3 snipers its all good, once there is one medic you have a chance. The key is when you die you really have to assess and see what is needed.

I was playing engi last night for 2 rounds with the bog standard engi gun the 1st one and I was killing like a madman...but it only holds 20 bullets and they fire like ****....think I could get an ammo create with out typing it up x10 times....only the odd time. I mean when a player especially a squad mate is low the ammo icon flashes by there name does it not???? Same when health is low....act upon it for crying out loud.

Peeps need to step to the beat....they really do.

Dont get me wrong I aint saying I am perfect and alot of times I say to myself..."fook, Bad move Wonda!" but I try to learn and alot of the game can
    be predictable when you think about it.

• Advertisement

Ideal world - not really.

This is where squad level tactics come into play.

People will say 'its only a game ffs' but there is definite strategy to winning.

If 4 of us, all on TS, are in a squad, if we're organised like above, we would own pretty much ANY map, easily.

None would ever be on their own, we'd always have a moving spawn, and the firepower to take out pretty much anything but a massive assault.

If you're on tonight, and a couple of the others we'll try it, I'm telling you, we'll own.

Tactics in BF2 used to work wonders. But then again that was a more complex game, with more in depth strategy's and tactics that could be applied.

Advertisement