Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Patch - ALOT of nerfs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Hehe best squad mix anyone?
    I'd go for 2 medics 1 assa, 1 recon(with shottie) and an eng (or 2 eng).
    best thing I've seen so far was 2 medics rez chaining their way to the mcom lol, they just had the defibs out and were rezing each other faster than I could kill em, they actually blew up the mcom, I was of a roof out of ammo, lmfao.

I find in most maps if you're squad leader, you may suggest some target but it's usually a case of seeing the squad running off, then it's a case of following and making sure you call the waypoints that give the squad the best score.

I do find defending is under rated in most conquest games, usually you die several times capping a flag then, some guy just waits around and caps it after you run off.

I'd say myself, that if there are 3 squads you should take a flag each and stick to it, or hold 2 and have a floater squad, but then I guess that's how the clans do it, mightn't get you the best score but it's be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

...If 4 of us, all on TS, are in a squad, if we're organised like above, we would own pretty much ANY map, easily...

LOL when we are not pissing ourselves laughing at each other on TS. We rarely take the game seriously, with wide raning discussions from baking soda in baking, steak or burger from the BBQ poll, and about how this one time Karma slept with a Jellyfish....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

TheFairy wrote: »
    LOL when we are not pissing ourselves laughing at each other on TS. We rarely take the game seriously, with wide raning discussions from baking soda in baking, steak or burger from the BBQ poll, and about how this one time Karma slept with a Jellyfish....

I'm not saying we've to play all serious and stuff!! Jayzuz!

But at least staying together as a squad, and working together we'd PWN as the kids say...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Its all well and good saying stick together and we`ll own any map but the problem with BC2 is that its not built YET for competitive play and most peeps are treating it as exactly what someone said earlier ie "just a game" and the serious clan players(and I dont mean just Tig--Ive seen it on other servers) just cant be bothered.

Id love to try squad play but what Ive found is that youre in a squad and you call for ammo,health whatever and youre just ignored.Ive been ignored when there was a supply bloke in front of me and they wouldnt even drop an ammo box.

A right pain in the arse.Until the game is sorted for squad play/clan play the above is going to keep happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Definitely. Seriously, I don't know how many times I've taken a flag, stayed to defend, only to find I'm the only one there, and end up getting killed and the flag being re-taken.

PITA.

A good squad should always stick together.

4 people = 2 Assault, 1 medic, 1 Engineer / Sniper (for anti armour duties)

If this group stay in/around a flag, there should be no problem defending it.

Everyone should have plenty of ammo and health crates, and if someone dies, hopefully the medic can revive, but if not (keep an eye out for attackers) at least the dead member can respawn either at the flag, or the safety of a squad member in cover.

Would i be alone in preferring 1 Assault, 1 Medic, 1 Engineer and 1 Recon with shotgun + slugs + c4. I really love the motion balls, i think its nice to have two close range shooters to go with the medic and assault also.

Really though ill never know how effective it really is :p heh

Edit: ShooterMacG has a nice squad idea there too. Although the engineers kill infantry ridiculously easy within certain ranges they can be really brilliant, the mobility is crazy. Then theres the anti-tank side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

:eek:
    ^^^^Yeah you would.

Absolutely no place in my squad for a sniper....on any map. 2 medics and 2 others does not matter if they are engi or assault (does depend on map though).

I swear if ever there was a guy in my squad and was without ammo/health and I had the "GOODS" you can personally rape my as.s and slap a pool ball in my mouth......

BTW...

when I had a moderate sig I got it removed by admins....look at all these big fookers now....favoritism is ALIVE I TELL YA!

Im not a fan of snipers, im talking about a recon with a shotgun or battle rifle. You only need one assault to be honest. I think the sniper balls are more valuable by far than an extra smoker or ammo box.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sniper balls....WTF.....you looking up his cammo pants or what???? "!" LMAO....

I dont hang around long enough to watch them sniper sentry cam thing a ma jigs. Nothing better then getting shot by a sniper and not kill you and as you shoot them they do that little "GAY DANCE" as they try to re-load....lmao

On that subject.

The new Bulmers Berrys, does that not scream Bulls Balls to anyone else?

Advertisement