Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Recommend some xbox arcade titles...

• 24-04-2010 12:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I ain't getting the time to play full games these days and find I'm only completing arcade releases. What's good at the moment? I've played shadow complex and trials but not much else. Played a bit of perfect dark but since I never got into the original there's not much nostalgia there for me.

What else is good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Geometry Wars 2
    Peggle
    Darwinia +
    Castle Crashers
    Braid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Marble Blast
    Bionic Commando Rearmed
    Geometry Wars 2
    Geometry Wars 2
    Geometry Wars 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,019 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Trials HD..

.. that is all!

EDIT: Balls.. should have read your post further. Also recommend 'Splosion Man' so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

i really liked streets of rage 2 - and well priced at 400.

There is also final fight just in the arcade at 800 (with another game)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Street fighter hd remix,After burner climax, Outrun, Crystal defenders, Vandal hearts, Samurai Shodown 2, Castlevania,Golden axe,Garou, Pac man C.E,Ikaruga and Xevious. Loads of other good ones but these stick in my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Get Chime, it's a tetris like game with some great licensed music and is only 400 points and helps charity and most importantly is a lot of fun.

I picked up Geometry Wars: retro evolved when it was on special a few weeks ago and loved it , but I didn't think it was worth full price though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Rez HD
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Monkey Island: Special Edition

The great thing about XBLA is thart every single game has a trial version so you can check it out first to see if it's your thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Toy Soldiers brilliant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll add Puzzle Quest and Shadow Comlpex.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrianSlipknot

Trials HD.

...might wanna invest in some shatter-proof windows and a few new controllers while ur at it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

N+ is pretty addictive. Serious Sam is good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

So i picked up trials of:
    Toy Soldiers - Its alright, but not worth a full purchase.
    Splosive man - Again it was decent, but platformers aren't my think
    Geometry wars 2 - Holy crap, this is crack cocaine. Played the demo for about 2 hours straight, very addictive. I mightn't even bother with the full game - getting so much fun trying to get a top score in the demo!

Also, to the multiple suggestions of Trials and Shadow complex please read the OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

rizzla wrote: »
    Geometry Wars 2
    Peggle
    Darwinia +
    Castle Crashers
    Braid

:eek:

Someone else who plays! Was a wasted purchase for me seems as my opponents were just AI all the time. Good game though, big fan!

Castle Crashers
    Splosion Man
    Geometry Wars
    Worms
    N+

If you like Braid, try the "Adventures of P.D. Winterbottom" (or something like that...It's the puzzle game with pies!)

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Toy Soldiers brilliant.
    Epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Zombie Apocalypse is deal of the week this week for 400 points, picked it up there it's decent fun kind of like smash tv meets left for dead.

Advertisement