Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

break light, 2007 Golf

• 24-04-2010 6:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭

Break light warning light recently came on on my 2007 Golf. So I bought a new bulb and took the unit apart.

(There are two break light bulbs on the left, and two on the right on this Golf.)

Problem: Both of the existing bulbs are NOT blown. They're good. I've switched them around to check this.

It's just one of the slots doesn't seem to be working.

Anyone have any idea where I should look next?

I'd prefer not to have to take it to a dealer and be charged an arm and a leg for something I could fix myself.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

You'd have the bulb warning light on if it was a blown bulb. It could be your brake pads are worn - easy to check yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

serendip wrote: »
    It's just one of the slots doesn't seem to be working.

Could it just be a bad contact in the slot? (And by slot, I presume you mean the socket that the bulb plugs into).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

EPM wrote: »
    You'd have the bulb warning light on if it was a blown bulb. It could be your brake pads are worn - easy to check yourself

Thanks. Bulb warning light is indeed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Have you tried the other bulbs so? Could be a side light or something

Advertisement