Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais more expensive than ESB ?

Options
  • 24-04-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I switched at the end of January from ESB to Board Gais Electricity in the hope, as advertised many, many times, to decrease my electricity bill.

I received yesterday my first bill from BG (after insisting to get it) : 500 euros for 2 months. :D

I smile now to keep it easy. But in 3 years and half with ESB, I never received such a huge bill ! :eek: The biggest was 350, during the deep winter period January, February.

It is like i nearly doubled my electricity consumption since last year and the year before, which is not the case. While I know we went trough a tough winter, i wonder IF switching to BG was a good idea.

I am looking forward my next bill, because if it is the same problem, i will go back to ESB ! :confused:

What do you reckon ? What is your experience of switching to BG ?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement