Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No windscreen washer on 02 vw passat

• 24-04-2010 8:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

My sisters car failed the nct because the windscreen washer isnt working.
    This is what ive done so far.
    Checked fuse. = its fine.(wipers and washer run off same fuse, wipers working)
    Checked pump = no sound from pump with wiperstalk pulled back to actaviate washer.
    Ran a 12v power supply to pump = it ran off that and washers worked.
    Removed wiperstalk for inspection = striped it apart and could see nothing wrong,
    I need to get a voltage meter and check to see if power is getting to pump(have one cant find it)
    Is there something I havent thought of lads? and is this a known fault on the passat. Its an 02 with 2litre petrol engine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

do the wipers run on the dry window when you pull the stalk for the washers??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

crosshair1 wrote: »
    do the wipers run on the dry window when you pull the stalk for the washers??
    No nothing happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

good chance its the column switch so, the wiper relay gets a signal from this at the same time as the washer pump is powered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Thanks, gonna order a new one.

Advertisement