Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40 KW Supply

Options
  • 24-04-2010 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

I would appreciate if amyone can advise me on how I can go about getting a supply for about 40 Kilowattts. Basically the premises at present is just at house but is ghoing to be converted into a beauty saloon with 2 or 3 sunbeds which will require 35 to 40 kilowatts.
    1 Do I need a three phase supply and how much does the ESB charge for this?.
    2 What is the maximum kilowatt supply you can get with single phase?
    3 Would there be much involved in having a three phase suplly just for sun beds and leaving the rest of premises as it is on a single phase supply?

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

single phase wholecurrent is 12 or 16 kva

(but there is ct metered -single phase -subject to availibilty)

the 3-phase wholecurrent is prob. about 35kva maximim MIC

basically you apply for what you need(the MIC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Thanks for reply M cebee. So 16kva is maximum with single phase so that would not be sufficent for 35/40 kilowatt sunbeds?
    So i would definetly need a 3 phase supply then?
    Do u know how much the ESB charge for this connection (the premises is located in Dublin city)? Or is there an ongoing rate?
    Would there be much involved for an electrician to set up fuse board for 3 phase supply

16kva is maximum wholecurrent .it usually goes to 3-phase after that

1 phase ct metering is prob more common in rural areas

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

16kva is maximum wholecurrent .it usually goes to 3-phase after that

I think you mean 16kVA is the max single phase. Whole current 3 phase is larger.

ya

16kva max single phase wholecurrent

whats the capacity of 3 phase wholecurrent- about 35?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

M cebee wrote: »
    ya

16kva max single phase wholecurrent

whats the capacity of 3 phase wholecurrent- about 35?
    I think it is closer to 40kVA but I am open to correction. See link:

http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/downloads/national_code_of_practice.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

A 3 x 16kva supply should do.
    Expect to pay ESB Networks about 2K for this upgrade, obviously all work will have to be done and cert'd.
    Best thing to do is ring ESB Networks and get an NT guy to look at it, ask him what way he wants to bring in the supply.

is there a 3*16 kva wholecurrent

thought it went up to 3*12

he'll have to apply for what he needs anyhow

Advertisement