Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange goings on at the diesel pump

• 24-04-2010 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

I was at the local filling station yesterday evening to throw a few litres of diesel into the car.

a fella pulls up the opposite side of the pump with a car similar to mine, opens the fuel cap, but then he opens the boot and takes out a mysterious bottle with some sort of greenish liquid in it - pours some of it into the tank, before filling with diesel. I was intrigued!

What did he put into the tank?
    And why??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Did you not ask him?? and why didnt you ask him?

Diesel additive probably, many folks swear by it. How big was the bottle ? Millers can be bought in gallon containers I think and folks may tranport it around in smaller bottles for convenience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Are you stalking me OP? I use Dipthane (Spelling?), it's a diesel additive which cleans out injectors and reduces emmissions, etc, and _supposedly_ improves mpg. Don't know if it works or not, but when I did the NCT last week the emissions on the report were pretty low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Is that the bottle?
    dipetaine.JPG

That's Dipetane ...use it myself

Where can one buy this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ek9er

Mc Love wrote: »
    Where can one buy this?

Most motor factors would have it. Used it before my last nct and the emmissions were incredibly low

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Mc Love wrote: »
    Where can one buy this?

Limerick Motor Factors - Cathedral Place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

That's the stuff Peasant, about €10 a bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

thats the stuff

the sneaky bugger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

the sneaky bugger!

Why was he sneaky ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

cause i didn't get to see the bottle properly to read it. :D

cause i didn't get to see the bottle properly to read it. :D

Good Point LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

I put my car (diesel Octavia) tru NCT this morning and emissions were lower this year than last years (I compare certs year on year). I have been using Dipitane for the past 2 weeks as its well known to clean engine. It definitely cuts emissions and the cars running smoother and quieter too. I don't know if it does anything major for the MPG though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

How much would ya put in with a fill lads???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

1litre of diptane treats 200litre of fuel

Can also be used in petrol engines, and oil home heating boilers, apparantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

srdb20 wrote: »
    How much would ya put in with a fill lads???
    There's a scale on the bottle ...one mark per 10 litres filled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

how much of dipetane do you put in? Can u put it in any time before refuelling? I might give it a go after I get some feedback here.

teednab-el wrote: »
    how much of dipetane do you put in? Can u put it in any time before refuelling? I might give it a go after I get some feedback here.

I threw a bottle in with half tank of petrol before the NCT in the Civic
    Yup
    Sailed through :D

Advertisement