Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blut und Boden 1937 poster

• 24-04-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hello All...

It's been really quiet around here lately, I presume everyone is feeling the pinch... I know that I am anyway!

Anyway, I thought I'd show this poster I picked up a while back. It's a large (600mm x 825mm) colour poster for the 'Blood/Race and Soil' Farmers Day of 1937.

There was some damage (tears and holes) which I managed to hide without affecting the poster in any way. (I scanned the damaged areas and repaired them with photoshop, then printed these areas on separate sheets which are mounted onto the backing board. The poster is just laid on top of these. These areas are not really obvious when it's in the frame. (they can be seen on the wing on the right hand side. some of the marks seen in the image are just reflections on the glass.)

I think it is a very impressive image... although my wife absolutely hates it!:rolleyes:

Regards - Danny

BlutBodenLOW.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭happytime

hello dan pat

how much did you pay for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

happytime wrote: »
    hello dan pat

how much did you pay for it

an arm and a leg I would say. Klaus Butschek has the odd poster for sale now and then. repros are easily available.

Advertisement