Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miscarriage

Options
  • 24-04-2010 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi,
    new to the site, had a d and c yesterday and dont know who to talk to. cant talk to those closest as feel numb and empty. feel i cant cry. had hope for so long and now it all ended. does it get easier. want to feel normal and happy again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Welcome to boards. I've moved this to its own thread. Really sorry to hear about your loss. The d and c can be fairly traumatic alright. I can only tell you from personal experience that things do get better after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It will take time, your hormoans will be all over the place for a while, you'll cry in your own time, just mind yourself and let your body and heart mend.

http://www.miscarriage.ie/After%20Miscarriage.html

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

So sorry for your loss :( I unfortunately know the pain you are going through, as do many other women, more than you would think in fact, it's very common.. I know that doesn't make it any easier, but just know that you're not alone.. Just give yourself time to adjust and let yourself heal in your own time..

As Thaedydal said, it may take time for your hormones to return to normal as the pregnancy hormone leaves the body at different rates depending on how far along you were :o I think we suffer a kind of withdrawal from them..

Out of my group of friends I know at least 4 girls who have had miscarriages, I think if you asked people honestly many will have been through it or have someone close to them who have, it's just a part of life :( the more I read up on it and read other peoples stories the less 'cursed' I felt, if that makes any sense..

Hope your feeling better soon hun X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bmmck

Hi Teds

So sorry to hear of your loss, I had a miscarriage myself only a few weeks ago and its horrible I know exactly how you feel, keep posting on this thread if it makes you feel any better, it certainly helped me, everyone thats posting here knows what its like. I felt that it was only easier to talk to someone that knew what it was like, dont bottle it up, talk about it, we are all here to listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Hi teds,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Me and my wife have been through this and it's tough. My thoughts are with you. There are lots of us out there and you're not alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 teds

hi everyone,
    thanks for your replies nice to chat to others in same situation. planning healthy eating and getting out more trying to keep my mind occupied as best i can. feel bit guilty at times for planning ahead if that makes sense but i know that i should. plsnning on doing a little sentimental goodbye with my hubby this weekend, kinda like a closure thing in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I hope your okay... i think the saying goodbye idea is good... helps with some sort of closure. I felt numb too when it happened and then ragingly angry but after time they pass. Not go away just not so hard. I'm so sorry and hope you feel better after saying goodbye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sootiescot

Hi Teds we lost out little one at 9 weeks. Had a d&c in March. Very upsetting. Time does heal you but you never forget. I found it very hard to deal with because my dh never ever discussed it. I think you just got to go with how you are feeling and don't ignore it. Let it out.

If it is really troubling you and you feel you need to talk to someone, get in contact with your doctor and they can send you to a bereavment councler. I found the more I tried to ignore it the more depressed i got. Dont rush getting over it, just allow yourself time to heal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Happylife

Hi all, I'm new here 2 but just wanted to say that I agree...the pain does get easier. I miscarried in March 2009 and am still waiting for another little angel to come my way....I know it will happen when it's time...

Teds it's better to cry - for a long time I didn't and then all of a sudden something stupid came on tv and it was like it just opened me up. I still have a weep every now and then...Greys gave me a chance for another one when M lost her baby!

The hardest part is when one of my friends annoucne that they are pregnant - I do honestly feel happy for them....but part of me hates that it's them and not me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 teds

hi everyone.
    having good and bad days. lots of people i know having babies and just feel such a longing. trying again and hopeing when the time is right it will happen. thanks for all your replys. this site has reely give me strength.
    teds x

• Advertisement
Advertisement