Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Academic Calendar 2010 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Hmmm. That's kinda better. Would rather have an extra week off that be off for the week at eater then have to go back to lectures. Kinda gets me outta the habit and routine coz we don't have a break like that in S1.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Hmmm. That's kinda better. Would rather have an extra week off that be off for the week at eater then have to go back to lectures. Kinda gets me outta the habit and routine coz we don't have a break like that in S1.
    ya but your on tp for 6 week''s that semester

personly it mite be a good thing as student's will not have projects running into week 13 which will give people time to study

I'll be away February 28th until April 8th, out week 6, back for week 12 easter hols and week 13.

It's ridiculous ye have deadlines running into week 13 though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

i don't personly but i know people who do i had to request extenchion's on some assinment's last year that made them run into week 13 but in general i've alway's had week 13 free to study

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

I have 2 projects to hand in this week. One on Monday, the other on Friday :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

AFAIK Lecturers aren't allowed to have project deadlines after week 12 unless you ask for an extension

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

bazkennedy wrote: »
    AFAIK Lecturers aren't allowed to have project deadlines after week 12 unless you ask for an extension
    Well JJ's interviews were always going to be week 13 right, but the project itself was extended?

Norah made a few errors in her last assignment and could only get us a revised copy on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Savage. Just what's need for 4th year. :D

I've also heard rumours that week 1 may be pushed back to 10th September or thereabouts because of the new CAO offers date etc? I don't believe them as it'd create quite a scheduling diffculty for S1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

cson wrote: »
    Savage. Just what's need for 4th year. :D

I've also heard rumours that week 1 may be pushed back to 10th September or thereabouts because of the new CAO offers date etc? I don't believe them as it'd create quite a scheduling diffculty for S1.
    Not going to happen. Online enrolement removes the necessity. They'll just do a bigger scale late ID issue.

It is true that the deadline for CAO acceptance is the Monday of Week 0

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

bazkennedy wrote: »

Hmm well I've 3 due the end of week 13 so I'm not sure if this is correct. Either that or we're being screwed by our lecturers! :p

• Advertisement

deise_boi wrote: »
    we're being screwed by our lecturers! :p

Why yes, yes you are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Um whats the story with the orientation?

I'm hoping to go to UL this year ad see that its 4 days long:confused:

I'm seeing Blink 182 on the 31st so I'm a slight bit confused at this...can we go any of the 4 days or do we have to attend each day :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyMoose

Nope you will only have to attend one day, well there is a second day orientation for clubs and socs but it isn't mandatory and a lot of people don't go. You'll find out soon what day you have to go, depends on what course you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Orientation will be one day. There will be no second day this year, however activities in general and finding stuff to do and get to grips with the place before classes start.

Undergrads won't need to be down until the Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Just wondering because I'm going to a gig in Dublin on the 31st but spending the night before and after there .

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms.Cosmo

ninty9er wrote: »
    Orientation will be one day. There will be no second day this year

Why is there no second day this year??

Advertisement