Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Screening: Iron Man 2 Friday 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It's looking like the screening will be 20:40

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looks like I will be making this :) Tickets being booked in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Its a definite possibility, Ill keep you posted ;o)

Looks like I will be making this :) Tickets being booked in advance?

I'd recommend booking a ticket, or at least showing up early to buy one. Since I cant use my unlimited card to book in advance, Ill head in nice n' early and buy one at the box office.

I May be in Dublin on Friday in time to make the screening, depending on when College finishes for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Going to see this on Thursday. Cannot wait.

I'll be there. Is it definitely the 20.40 showing? Might be bringing a friend so want to clarify the time and place ;o)

Yeah, deffo 20:40. I'll edit the OP

Excellent, sent you a PM BTW

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Alrightie, booked and ready to go, even though the Cineworld website is ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Gknit

even though the Cineworld website is ****.

It is pretty awful isn't it? I just booked tickets for wacker and I for Iron Man 2 tonight and wasn't offered a choice of seat position. I presume it's General Admission then?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Alrightie, booked and ready to go, even though the Cineworld website is ****.

Don't expect the credit card machine to work in the lobby either. It didn't for me yesterday and I had to queue up get my tickets from the counter.

That's annoying but at least you're not standing there, anxiously checking the board in case they sell out before you make it to the head of the queue!

Well you don't get assigned seating until it prints the tickets it seems... so you end up with crap seats.

One of the the main reasons for booking the ticket was that I knew I'd be running late and wanted to avoid the queue. Luckily it wasn't too busy last night, but not even an apology for it not taking my card.

Looks like they recently yanked out the old credit card system and put in a much cheaper one. The big screens on the terminal do nothing, you have to work off a tiny LCD screen on a card reader below.

Oh :( I thought I was being clever booking tickets in advance. Maybe I won't bother again if it's this useless. At least I now know I should go and print my tickets ASAP though, thanks!

The machines seemed to be giving a lot of people trouble as they're so awkwardly placed. But I think I was alone in it not working at all anyway.

Just kept telling me to insert and remove the card.

I haven't been able to prebook my tickets yet. Can't ring 1820 numbers from work and my credits running low on my mobile. Going to head up there in about an hour and hope it hasnt sold out yet!

Oh and by the way, whoever designed the cineworld website should be shot (or at least severely reprimanded), its muck. Everytime I log on it either crashes or doesn't like the international dialling code I enter for my mobile phone!

See you all in a bit!

Tickets printed with nary a bother (machines are awful though, why do I need to bend down to look at the instructions when there's a perfectly fine, energy wasting LCD screen at eye level?) and I enjoyed the film (see Iron Man thread for a more in-depth rant). Had to run again for the last bus, hoping Marwelie found his seven euro! If not I'm sure Galvasen has it for next film club meeting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

That cinema is a bit confusing!
    But got good enough seats.

Apart from couple trying to tell me to move thinking I was in their seat and not feicing listening to me or looking at the numbers on the seats -.- twats.

Film = Mighty!

Yeah, actually. Despite all that faffing about with tickets when I did finally get into the cinema someone else was sitting in my seat... I just couldn't be bothered arguing at that stage.

And they had the audacity to send me an email this morning saying they hoped I enjoyed the film, of course it's an noreply address so I can't tell them how sh*te they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

any one know till when its on in cinemas? got my college exams till the 1st of June cant see it right now :(

Advertisement