Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Explosive Ryanair Sale, 3 million seats 3 euro!‏

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Just for potential flyers - I was listening to Newstalk and I recall them mentioning that a larger Icelandic volcano might be triggered by the current volcanic activity. Just something to keep in mind!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_volcano_science

http://travel.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978194515

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Just for potential flyers - I was listening to Newstalk and I recall them mentioning that a larger Icelandic volcano might be triggered by the current volcanic activity. Just something to keep in mind!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_volcano_science

http://travel.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978194515

Yes it's best to hang on to all of those 5 star hotel bills and limo hire receipts, so that you can hand them over to Michael O'Leary if you get marooned.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

Says flights to Zadar from Dublin are 3 euro yet there's no tickets at all for 3 euro within the travel timeframe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

crushproof wrote: »
    Says flights to Zadar from Dublin are 3 euro yet there's no tickets at all for 3 euro within the travel timeframe!

There is a quota of seats on flights at those prices, they are most likely all sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Thanks OP, just booked return flights for 2 to Dublin from Cork for €56. The flights were €36 and the 'administration fee' was €20. Still a great deal, the last time I took the train up to Dublin it was €70 return for 1 person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

I really don't get these sales...

The conditions say:

Book before Monday
    Travel from 17th May to 30th June

Oslo €3
    Gdansk €14.99
    Frankfurt €16.99

I have satisfied these conditions yet none of the stated prices are offered. Same story as last weekend.

Why are the prices advertised if it's not true and is this not some form of false advertising. There was a big fuss about airlines having to advertise prices including taxes and charges... now they're just blatantly advertising a false price!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

An incredible 3 million seats have been released from a sensational €3

Can you read that word? It says prices from €3.

Why do you have to go and do that, trying to be smart... :P

Yes seats are from €3... that's €3 for Oslo, €14.99 for Gdansk, €16.99 for Frankfurt... etc

I've no problem with them saying "from" €3.

It's here where my problem lies... no mention of the word "from" on this page where the price is stated for each destination.

It states the price for each destination as long as you book during certain dates and fly during certain dates. Once these conditions are met you should get the advertised price...

That's my understanding of the sale, I know it's obviously not Ryanair's intention. But surely that's false advertising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

I do not know why anyone would fly with this crowd- 6 euro compensation if your flight cost 6 euro during the volcano fiasco?

There should have been at least a tiered courtesy compensation system capped at certain prices depending on total cost of your flight, so:

15 euro ticket- offer x compensation max
    50 euro ticket- " "
    100 euro ticket- " "

Return business is where O'Leary would have made his money back.

When Michael O'Leary says 'why should we compensate people?' everyone in Ireland agrees with him.

I wouldn't fly with this airline again anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Not a fan but he does have a point.
    Yes people are well ****** off having to spend around 1k or more but it wasn't his fault that a volcano stopped flights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

M450 wrote: »
    I really don't get these sales...

The conditions say:

Book before Monday
    Travel from 17th May to 30th June

Oslo €3
    !
    Actually, I was between 2 minds about booking flights to Oslo last night, €3 each way this time yesterday (free online check-in) (arrive sat afternoon, return the following day). I checked again this morning, and the Snday price has risen - obviously the €3 seats quota has been reached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Yes people are well ****** off having to spend around 1k or more but it wasn't his fault that a volcano stopped flights.

Putty in.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

pog it wrote: »

Haha, ya right!

They are cheap for a reason! Be being ruthless with cost cutting. He changed the way we travel today, and everyone should know by now that you don't get anything from Ryanair!

ah you'll still travel with them alrite... it's pretty much the only airline I fly with, but I've never experienced the wrong end of their service... maybe it'll take something to go wrong for me to cop on, the ol' once bitten twice shy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Thanks OP, just booked return flights for 2 to Dublin from Cork for €56. The flights were €36 and the 'administration fee' was €20. Still a great deal, the last time I took the train up to Dublin it was €70 return for 1 person.

Use a prepaid mastercard to not pay the charges. Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 edcarroll02

M450 wrote: »
    ah you'll still travel with them alrite... it's pretty much the only airline I fly with, but I've never experienced the wrong end of their service... maybe it'll take something to go wrong for me to cop on, the ol' once bitten twice shy...

I'm the exact same, as long as everything works out they're the perfect airline for me, no check in hassle (did once have to go to a desk when my boarding card wouldn't scan, cost me 10 minutes), never actually been on a flight of theirs that was delayed more than half an hour and they're by far the cheapest any time i've needed to fly anywhere!

If I was stuck in another country because of a Volcano I wouldn't reasonably have expected the airline to cover my expenses, now if it was a fault of the airline then I would expect to be compensated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 spacebunny2k

Guys.....they are a low cost airline!!!!

That means NO FRILLS.....you get what you pay for!

I know that if some people aren't used to flying with them so it can be confusing but once you book a few flight you begin to understand how it works!!!

I fly with them about twice a month and have NO problems....i regularly get their deals and my flights cost on average 10 euro each way to the UK!!

You need to be flexible with your times, when the sale starts they put up a certain number of seats at the low price but when they're gone.... they're gone and the price hikes up!!!!! Often the early morining/ late evening flights mid week or on saturday are the cheapest because the others get booked quickly!!!

As for their returns policy....i think it's fair that they give you back what you paid....it's not their fault about the volcano....they also offer to put you on the next available flight FREE of charge!!!

I think if you want the perks go with a different airline!! you get what you pay for!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 chriscross1

ryanair me arse, they chargin 1 euro to use the toilet from next year:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bush Baby

But its Ryanair? Why would anyone want to fly with that company?

Try flying with a musical instrument! Hah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I do not know why anyone would fly with this crowd- 6 euro compensation if your flight cost 6 euro during the volcano fiasco?
    They have since said they would comply with the law.
    When Michael O'Leary says 'why should we compensate people?' everyone in Ireland agrees with him.

The point is that WHY should Ryanair pay? They didn't cause the cancellations. There was nothing they could do. Why should they pay for your hotel and food for an extra few nights? Ryanair has to pay staff that were unable to work during the flight cancellations. Tough. Ryanair has to book everyone a new flight for free to make up for the cancellation. Tough. So people who have their flight cancelled due to an 'act of God' that no one could help should pay for their hotel and food themselves. Tough.

So you may insist on flying with another airline with a more expensive fare out of fear that you may have to pay a Euro if you need to use the toilet during the flight :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

bush Baby wrote: »
    Try flying with a musical instrument! Hah!

That's like saying "try flying with 5 suitcases". Not everyone needs to, so why would they worry about it?

Urgh, there is a huge Ryanair thread in Customer Issues, please move all your naysaying that way.

This is bargain alerts. I'd rather people told us what dates and locations they'd managed to book by the current offer instead of people cluttering up the thread with their stories of "we didn't read the small print"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Well in fairness I was reading through the threads and people were doing absolutely downright mad things to get home, i.e. called someone and they said that they got quoted a "crazy price" for one way car rental from spain to france ... and there were lots of brits on sky news giving out about how the rental companies were "ripping them off"

I tried to explain to them that this is the normal price and they just didnt get that if you drive from one country to another the car has to be driven back, whereas if you drop in the same country it doesn't, theres where the huge cost comes in.

Mate of mine did a trek across three countries with rentals, dropping off at the border of each country, getting the train, dropped off at the next country and so on, car rental came to a shade over 300 euros for him.

Also the regio trains in Germany weren't overloaded at all, yet everyone was trying to Pile onto the ICE train without a seat reservation and then lost it when they got kicked off :/

So of the people I know that researched it, they didn't get ripped off at all, the majority of Brits and Irish I know that were trapped on the continent just didn't trust public transport at all and wanted to get everywhere "with the car" and hence got majorly ripped off (actually not ripped off at all, normal prices)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I can see why they are doing this. I was flying to liverpool a few months back and no sooner had the plain taken off and there was a queue of 10-15 people for the jacks, there wasn't even time for the queue to clear and we were landing, this blocked the entire aisle for the flight.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yawn, yawn, yawn.

Another Ryanair seat sale, another deluge of abuse from the usual quarters. If you don't know what the deal with Ryanair is at this stage then you've no business complaining about them. If you do know the deal; then you've no business complaining about them. Either way; this is bargain alerts, not consumer issues and this is yet another case of a thread being dragged way off base by Ryanair bashing.

At the risk of being labelled a backseat modder I still feel it pertinent to invite the mods of the forum to keep a close eye on similar Ryanair threads and the inevitable propensity for people to drag them off topic because it's grating at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

There should have been at least a tiered courtesy compensation system capped at certain prices depending on total cost of your flight, so:

15 euro ticket- offer x compensation max
    50 euro ticket- " "
    100 euro ticket- " "

Return business is where O'Leary would have made his money back.

What a utterly useless, pointless contribution to a bargain alert thread. Go on and mind your own business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Keep all ranting and issues about Ryanair here!

No more in this thread from now on please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

just got myself 2 6euro return flights (TOTAL) for mid june to london(gatwick) so yet again thats a great saving flying ryanair!

(also in croatia at the mo, had a flight last tuesday and got to change it twice free of charge cause of the volcano so happy customer here)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

just got flights for 3 adults to gatwick return for 4 days for 18 euros plus 30 euro credit card charges. While i was ripped off with the CC charges the total for 3 adults to gatwick for 4 days is still only 48 euros :)

• Advertisement

ch750536 wrote: »
    Use a prepaid mastercard to not pay the charges. Here
    philbee wrote: »
    just got flights for 3 adults to gatwick return for 4 days for 18 euros plus 30 euro credit card charges. While i was ripped off with the CC charges the total for 3 adults to gatwick for 4 days is still only 48 euros :)

I dont work for Ryanair, I dont know anyone who works for them, but I do fly with them.

You did not get ripped off. You ignored the advice above, and paid over the odds. This is your fault.

I for one am absolutely sick of peoples negative attitude towards one of the only companies I know of where you get far more than you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

I dont work for Ryanair, I dont know anyone who works for them, but I do fly with them.

You did not get ripped off. You ignored the advice above, and paid over the odds. This is your fault.

I for one am absolutely sick of peoples negative attitude towards one of the only companies I know of where you get far more than you pay for.

I dont live anywhere near an outlet for the cards, Also, as I stated, I was ripped off by ryanair on CC charges but i still got everything all in for 48 euro, there was no complaint about the total price.

apologies, way ott post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Quick question,
    Using entropay...
    The virtual Visa card used to be accepted with no charge i believe...but now you have to use the Mastercard actual card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Quick question,
    Using entropay...
    The virtual Visa card used to be accepted with no charge i believe...but now you have to use the Mastercard actual card?

Yes, this is what I use, works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭waldo

http://www.wirecard.com allows you to get a virtual prepaid mastercard. There is a 5% fee, but if the flights are cheap this will be far less than the Ryanair credit card fee.

• Advertisement

Does the Ryanair Gift Voucher way to dodge the fees still work?

Last year I was booking 8 flights for 2 of us and they worked out close to a figure that you could buy a voucher for (e.g flights cost €197 so buy a €200 voucher). You only had to pay a single handling fee of €5 for the voucher instead of €5 for each flight. Therefore for the example above you pay €8 extra instead of €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Just got flights for €6 return, my favourite airline too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Explosive is not a word I want to see in any airline promo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

or price crash

Advertisement