Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accounting Software HELP

• 24-04-2010 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

I'm a sole trader and have very limited accounting knowledge. I'm looking to invest in an accounting software package as my business is expanding. The price of the package isn't an issue I'm just looking for the most user friendly one. I was told to look at either: Big Red Book, Solutions Plus, Quickbooks, Turbo Cash or Sort My Books. :confused:

I was wondering if anyone has used any of these and could tell me the pros and cons??:) It would help alot :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

I've a similar problem, I'm running a small firm and I'm looking for a package to help me produce final accounts from my manual records. Would anyone have any information on this also? Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

88 x 2 ???? . I would go with Sort My Books. Totally Irish and the back-up is good. I have no connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭J.Ryan

What do you want the software to do

simple Debtors, Creditors,Bank Recs and TB or more?

Have you discussed this with your accountant, (s)he, might know something that would suit your business, or something they could train you to use, to make the year end accounts quicker and cheaper to prepare. Its the quality of the records that determines the work needed to do the accounts, not the software (off topic I know) but there are clients in the past who I would much rather have used a manual accounts book, than a computerised system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Like the last poster said, what is it you need to do?

I've used Quickbooks myself since 98, but to be honest I'd probably be better off using Excel for the features that I use.

Tasbooks have a free version of their accounting package available for download from their web site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭HeinekenTicket

I recommend Quickbooks. Non-accountants tell me that, on the whole, they find it fairly easy to come to terms with. Regardless of the software you choose, if you invest a bit of time getting familiar with it at the start, it will save you time later on. PM me if you'd like to know more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

Hi,

I am connected.

Depending on what you need to be able to do on the software there are a coupld of options. As already mentioned Tas offer a free accounting program that will do the basics for you. If you need more at any stage the Free package can be upgraded to one of the bigger packages

The entry level Sage package - Sage Instant Accounts is ease to use and offers a lot of features. It will cover Vat, bank rec, customer invoices, suppliers, aged debtors and creditors etc

If you want any more information feel free to PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joe Chang

For my business I am using ZipBooks. [font=arial, sans, sans-serif]https://zipbooks.com/bookkeeping-services/[/font]
    We were new in business and like you we don't want pricey solutions. Quickbooks, Sage all are good but pricey.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

bullethq.com seems good. It's free, but there's a few add-ons that would come with a price.

Advertisement