Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on transferring contacts to Desire

• 24-04-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for the best way to transfer contacts from an N97 to my Desire.
    I tried some sync function on the N97 where I put in some Google server but it didn't seem to do anything.
    After that I since them all to Pc with Nokia Pc suite and tried to put.them into Outlook but.couldn't get it to work.
    I've exported them to a csv file in open office calc and tried the import option in Outlook where you pick row 1 is 'last name' row 2 is 1st name etc but.its.not working. All I end up with is one unknown contact with blank fields.
    Would I better just copying to sim and transfer them over in a few batches, I've about 400 to copy.
    Thanks,
    Keith

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've imported a csv file with all my names and phone numbers to google contacts now.

My phonebook is still the same though.

If I go to 'people' in the menu on the phone it has a list of everyone I emailed but it doesn't have the newly imported people/numbers.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

I did it the same way - uploaded a CSV file to my Gmail account... I think they showed up a few minutes later, it might not be immediate. You can then select the option to only show contacts with phone numbers, which makes the contact list a lot less messy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭djgaillimh

You could transfer them direct to your Desire from the N97 via bluetooth if you're having trouble with the other way. That's what i did...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The best way is to export as a CSV from the N97 and then just upload to google contacts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I got it sorted.

Powered off/on, went to a contact which then had phone numbers attached to them and when I called one then they all appeared in my
    phonebook properly!

• Advertisement
Advertisement