Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor rubbish service

Options
  • 24-04-2010 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi, im so mad at meteor now ive signed up just to tell everyone about it. bought a phone in meteor dundrum,found out another freind bought same phone but for thrity euro cheaper a few days ago :mad: rang shop and talked to the girl who sold it to me(who i want to name but not sure if i can?-shes tall and blond) who said i was talking about a trade in discount and i hadnt received the discount BECUSE i hadnt traded in a phone!:eek: i told her that she should have given the discount and we would have come back but she snottily replied no it had to be done at time of transection. i got very annoyed at this discrimination that she wouldnt trust us to return with the phone. girl had a much posher accent then we did and i felt she was very snotty to us from this. so it went on and i said we were never even unformed of the offer when we bought the phone,she said that the offer is on screens and on the price tags and if she had kept us there to tell us every single offer that we would be there for hours. :mad: so theres even more offers she didnt tell us about!!! she only feckin told us about 4 or 5!!!i gave out to her for this and said she should have told us and it was disgusting service from her to discrimite against us. she askd did we have a trade in phone, i told her we didnt then and she seemed to be thinkin wtf???not good customer is always right service at all!:mad:

it went on and on and she said that we werent obliged to buy the phone then at all and could have returnd home to get trade in phone if we wanted the discunt and explaned the terms of the offer blah blah. i told her i wasnt interested in any terms and wanted my refund of the thrty euro. she firmly said this wasnt possable as i hadnt met creteria for discount and said if they offered a studant discount and i wasnt a student then i wouldnt be eligable for said discount :eek::eek::eek: when i said to her eh how would you know i wasnt a studant (clearly further discriminattion due to my age) she haughtily said that wasnt the point, that to get a discount you had to be eligable for the discount and as i didnt trade in a phone i wasnt. i also told her that we live far away and it wasnt possible for us to wait to buy the phone and then to return as we were to far away, she told me of 2 branchs closer to us and said we could have bought it there:rolleyes::rolleyes: she didnt seem to get the obvious concept of us being in dundrum so thats why we bought the phone and should have gotten discount there. after 40 mins on the phone i got absolitely nowhere with her and will be complaining in writing to meteor about this and terrible service!

so i wanted to sign up and warn everyone stay away from meteor and this terribel service!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

lol...is this a troll post?

edit: especially this part -
    she askd did we have a trade in phone, i told her we didnt then and she seemed to be thinkin wtf???not good customer is always right service at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 angryconsumer

yeh, the girl DENIED us a discount that our freind had gotten on THE EXACT SAME PHONE!!! How would you say that is good service???

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

Wow. She didn't give you discounts you couldn't quality for? The cheek of her. They should be giving you money to use their network!

And over 40 spelling mistakes.... wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

So you were looking for a trade in discount, even though you did not have a phone to trade in? :rolleyes:

Must try that with Bill Cullen...

I hope your letter of complaint has some full stops and commas...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

That reads like 'customer from hell' to me.

• Advertisement

yeh, the girl DENIED us a discount that our freind had gotten on THE EXACT SAME PHONE!!! How would you say that is good service???

Okay, I'll bite (just for the giggles)... the sales assistant informed you that it wasn't a "discount" per se, but rather she got a reduced price due to a trade in offer... you didn't have a phone to trade in... so I really don't see the problem.

Just speaking from my personal experience (no longer with Meteor) - their customer service has been top notch. In many cases, they have credited me extra money as gestures of goodwill when they were in the wrong.

AC - I think the issue here is that the "discount" doesn't come with the phone per se, but a trade in value (though to be honest I've never heard of Meteor taking old phones in...) This trade in "discount" can be applied to any phone. But as you didn't have a phone to trade in, you couldn't qualify for the price reduction.

Dammer don't adding to the 'discriminattion' heaped upon this person. Not being able to use a comma or full stop is a very serious affliction.

Dammer wrote: »
    So you were looking for a trade in discount, even though you did not have a phone to trade in? :rolleyes:

Must try that with Bill Cullen...

I hope your letter of complaint has some full stops and commas...

More paragraphs would be easier on the eyes too.
    JustinOval wrote: »
    That reads like 'customer from hell' to me.
    after 40 mins on the phone i got absolitely nowhere with her and will be complaining in writing to meteor about this and terrible service!

Sounds like a saint of a sales assistant to me :/ - though I wonder why she couldn't have explained the situation in simple fashion and resolve the issue with the OP quickly...

I don't think any sort of explanation would work here...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yeah meteor do have a trade in discount atm i availed of it last week.there is a big a catch, you need a phone to trade in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

OP.Instead of writing a letter of complaint I think a better solution would be to switch off your computer and your phone and stop mixing with people.It's just not working out for you.

yabadabado wrote: »
    yeah meteor do have a trade in discount atm i availed of it last week.there is a big a catch, you need a phone to trade in.

That is blatant discrimination against those with no phones :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Well I love meteor so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

lol'd

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Wow. She didn't give you discounts you couldn't quality for? The cheek of her. They should be giving you money to use their network!

And over 40 spelling mistakes.... wow!

"Last edited by BeardyFunzo; Today at 15:31. Reason: Grammar... ironically."

I lul'd..ups

Seriously OP, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

shes tall and blond) who said i was talking about a trade in discount and i hadnt received the discount BECUSE i hadnt traded in a phone!:eek: i told her that she should have given the discount and we would have come back but she snottily replied no it had to be done at time of transection. i got very annoyed at this discrimination that she wouldnt trust us to return with the phone.
    So you're complaining that you can't get a discount that you don't qualify for? Those discrimating bastards :rolleyes:
    girl had a much posher accent then we did and i felt she was very snotty to us from this. so it went on and i said we were never even unformed of the offer when we bought the phone,she said that the offer is on screens and on the price tags and if she had kept us there to tell us every single offer that we would be there for hours.
    What does accent have to do with anything? The offer for that samsung phone (The one with the trade in offer) is literally everywhere in their stores. It's on the screens and on their leaflets too. Not their problem that you didn't bother reading before buying.
    :mad: so theres even more offers she didnt tell us about!!! she only feckin told us about 4 or 5!!!i gave out to her for this and said she should have told us and it was disgusting service from her to discrimite against us. she askd did we have a trade in phone, i told her we didnt then and she seemed to be thinkin wtf???not good customer is always right service at all!:mad:
    Why does she have to tell you about what offers they have? If you're willing to pay a higher price without an offer then that's your issue. They're a business and they're out to make money. It's your responsibility to research their offers and how the hell did you expect to avail of a trade in offer when you don't even have a phone to trade in? She was right to be thinking "WTF?" because you don't seem to understand the concept of a trade in. "not good customer is always right service after all". No, just no... The customer is 9/10 NOT right. That's like saying "Meteor's service is crap because they didn't give me a free phone on prepay"
    it went on and on and she said that we werent obliged to buy the phone then at all and could have returnd home to get trade in phone if we wanted the discunt and explaned the terms of the offer blah blah.
    "Terms of the offer... blah blah blah?" Are you serious?
    i told her i wasnt interested in any terms and wanted my refund of the thrty euro. she firmly said this wasnt possable as i hadnt met creteria for discount and said if they offered a studant discount and i wasnt a student then i wouldnt be eligable for said discount :eek::eek::eek:
    Ever hear of something called an example? That what that was. To avail of an offer you have to meet the criteria. That's not exactly hard to comprehend.
    when i said to her eh how would you know i wasnt a studant (clearly further discriminattion due to my age) she haughtily said that wasnt the point, that to get a discount you had to be eligable for the discount and as i didnt trade in a phone i wasnt.
    With spelling and grammar like that, I seriously would doubt you were a student of any kind aswell. You need a student id to avail of any student discounts, nothing to do with age.
    i also told her that we live far away and it wasnt possible for us to wait to buy the phone and then to return as we were to far away, she told me of 2 branchs closer to us and said we could have bought it there:rolleyes::rolleyes: she didnt seem to get the obvious concept of us being in dundrum so thats why we bought the phone and should have gotten discount there. after 40 mins on the phone i got absolitely nowhere with her and will be complaining in writing to meteor about this and terrible service!
    You want a discount despite not meeting the criteria in any shape or form? Good luck complaining to meteor. They will probably hang it on their head office wall as an example of a "Customer from hell"
    so i wanted to sign up and warn everyone stay away from meteor and this terribel service!!!
    Looks like that backfired, didn't it?

One thing though, are you serious or is this some troll? :rolleyes:

/I love ripping apart stupid posts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Sounds like a saint of a sales assistant to me :/ - though I wonder why she couldn't have explained the situation in simple fashion and resolve the issue with the OP quickly...

Just after reading this once but it sounds to me like the assistant explained straight away and the customer just didn't get it, they tried another explanation like the student thing and had to put up with the customer calling them snotty? to me it sort of sounds like the assistant gave the customer their answer but the customer wouldn't accept it and just stayed on the phone wasting their time and the shops time for 40 mins.

if you were too far to return to the shop with a phone then were you not too far to come back with the phone if they had trusted you with discount?

Op do you think you should get the scrappage discount off a new car if you don't have a car to scrap as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

op is taking the mik

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Ha ha very funny thread. OP you seriously need to get a grip and maybe take a minute to calm down next time you come on here ranting. You'll find us here on boards very helpful if you have a genuine problem but ranting like that.....well that'll get you no where on here. Oh, and if your going to post like that again please use commas, full stops etc.....as without them your post is actually hard to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hi angryconsumer, if that is your real name, and welcome to Boards.ie.

Unfortunately, you appear to have gotten off to a bad start with your first post and I don't think there is much point in keeping this thread open.

You really need to check your spelling, grammar and punctuation as your post is very difficult to read. And, as you may have noticed, people tend not to take posts such too seriously.

So while I appreciate you are frustrated, try being a little more articulate when having a rant.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement