Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs with pool?

Options
  • 24-04-2010 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭

Hey, was wondering does anyone know of any decent pubs around the town with pool tables? We go to O'Loughlins the odd time but we're kind of sick of the place.

Anyway, any pointers would be appreciated. We're not pros or anything, just looking for somewhere to have a few drinks and a few games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

The only place I know of is Millers out the Tullow Rd but its a bit far out of town.
    Does the Tavern still have a table?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

is Corcorans closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Does the Tavern still have a table?

Not anymore I don't think, they did the place up there a month or two ago

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Theres one in Dicey's. Across the road from the boat club.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Ewings have 1 in the smoking area. Pretty good set up. I've only been in the once but meaning to go back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Dicey Reillys No 1... my local, was in the Tavern a few times nothing special. then again it all depends who your with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

yeah the set up in Ewings is nice, Corcorans also has one, in diceys there are a few pool sharks in there, the carlow team plays outta there

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Where is Corcorans? Haven't heard of it before. Diceys pool table isn't in the best of shape from being moved so much and their cues are pretty crap at the min. but I'm thinking of donating my old 1 when my new 1 arrives:)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Loughlins has 2 tables but its tight for space. Was in the tavern race week and the table was still there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

mickos wrote: »
    Where is Corcorans? Haven't heard of it before. Diceys pool table isn't in the best of shape from being moved so much and their cues are pretty crap at the min. but I'm thinking of donating my old 1 when my new 1 arrives:)

its at the foot of graigue bridge on the carlow side, it was alcocks once upon a time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Thanks for the replies all, there's a good few to try out there :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what are the prices in ewings? we'd normally go to loughlins when we're out but 2 euro a game is a bit steep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

what are the prices in ewings? we'd normally go to loughlins when we're out but 2 euro a game is a bit steep

You're telling me! I like O' Loughlins but the pool area leaves a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

€2?? WTF

Advertisement