Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about mortgage application

Options
  • 24-04-2010 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi All,

Got a 'provisional letter of approval of mortgage loan' from the bank yesterday.

Amongst the supporting documents was an application form which I need to fill out. In Section G it asks for details on the property itself- for example:
    • Is the house Second hand or new or a self-build
    • The address of the property
    • Year of Construction of Property etc etc...

It's easy enough to answer most of these questions myself, but I don't know what year the property would have been built and also it asks if the property is located in a tax incentive area? :confused: oh, and measurements of floor area/plot size etc

So, my question is this; who would be in possession of the title deed to the property at the moment? (I assume most of the required information would be in this!); would it be the Auctioneer or the Vendor, or my Solicitor or the Vendors Solicitor? The Vendor does not and never lived in the property (it was an inheritance). How would I get my hands on this information?

Should I at this point, scan the letter & documents from the bank and send them to the solicitor to give them the once over or should I wait until it's 100% approved before I send them to him?

Advertisement