Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swarf problems.

• 24-04-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

My toilet cisterns are fed from storage tank in the attic. We've had problems with the ball valves seizing and either not filling or overflowing. I replaced one with a new vertical float jobby and it worked well initially till i noticed it was overflowing aswell.

I opened it up and the head was full of drill swarf from the tank in the attic. I presume that this is what killed its predecessor. I've never heard of this problem before and i'm just wondering how common it is, for the sake of cleaning a bit of **** from the tank before water is turned on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

relatively common , as you said usually just a quick little clean out will sort it .
    You will just need to watch taps etc for flow too and clean as necessary , hopefully theres not too much , just clean out the ballcock each time , might be worth hopping up and looking in the tank you could nearly see it floating and get a kitchen strainer or somethin to get it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Thanks for that. My main issue now is that we have those dumb vertical floats to contend with and they cant be cleaned out so i have to replace them all cos they're clogged to varying degrees. Probably would have had to replace anyway cos theyre crap but the only ones i could get to fit are thirty bob a pop.

We're three years in the house and before i replaced the first one recently, i flushed the system thoroughly and thought i got it all, but no, i seem to have an endless suply of plasticy bits.:rolleyes:

Advertisement