Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Clipless cycling shoes

• 24-04-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Does anyone know where you could get a good pair of non clipless cycling shoes? or could i change the pedals of my bike from non clipless to clipless pedals easily??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Tau

Most MTB shoes are designed to be used clipless, but can be used without cleats also.

Alternatively, a solution to your problem may be pedals which are double sided - clipless on one side and flat on the other, something like this:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5937

Finally, I suspect that you'll find that if you start using a clipless system you'll start using it all the time, even if you think now that there are times you'd like to use normal shoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ninty99

thanks very much :D my feet are getting sore from the shoes slipping from the pedals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ninty99 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you could get a good pair of non clipless cycling shoes? or could i change the pedals of my bike from non clipless to clipless pedals easily??

i think what you want is to just change your pedals to clipless from reading that, its very easy to do, you just need a wrench(and to ensure you follow instructions on thread direction for removal)....

Would new pedals cost much??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

I got these with these recently and they're great, not to mention very cheap. Shoes now only available in size 38 but these ones at £27 look even better and you can wear them anywhere. What's especially good about these pedals is that you can pedal quite easily without clipping in when the lights go green and then clip in at your leisure.

Sorry for asking alot of questions. but would the pedals be okay for road bikes??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

ninty99 wrote: »
    Sorry for asking alot of questions. but would the pedals be okay for road bikes??
    Absolutely.

Advertisement