Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lowepro Slingshot 100 Bargain Alert

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Wow, what a class price.. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

that would be awesome if i did not get one at christmas for a lot more. great little bag though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

I paid €99 for one of these a few years ago:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Woo nabbed one here as well for €36, ta :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I feel I got robbed too after seeing this. I paid €37 for the 120 AW which is tiny! It barely fits the cam with kit lens + 50mm + wireless remote and room for cloths and filters. Luckily that is all my gear :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Thanks! :) Just ordered one! It'll be nice to have a scaled-down bag!
    Nforce wrote: »
    Just ordered one of these from Amazon...came to €36.88 delivered! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Heebie wrote: »
    Thanks! :) Just ordered one! It'll be nice to have a scaled-down bag!
    :D Me too. I'd been using a spare 17" laptop backback till now with all my gear crammed into it (including a HD camcorder:o).

Enjoy your new purchase,folks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

What can I realistically get into this bag?

Nikon D80
    24-70 f2.8
    50mm lens
    flash?

Batteries, cleaning stuff & memory cards etc?

bren2002 wrote: »

Nikon D80
    24-70 f2.8
    50mm lens
    flash?

Having seen this link I reckon you'll fit that lot

I'm hoping to fit my D300,70-300 VR or 80-200mm f2.8,50mm f1.8,and either a Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 or the Nikon 18-70mm kit lens.

Yeah, did a bit of looking around. Might struggle to get a guide book in there too, but I'll manage on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

bren2002 wrote: »

Nikon D80
    24-70 f2.8
    50mm lens
    flash?

I can fit 2 speedlites, 50mm f1.8, 10-20mm and Canon 40d with a 18-50 f2.8 attached, wireless triggers, 3-4 spare memory cards and a spare battery. Its a great bag. I had it 2 months before i discovered there is a water resistant cover hidden in the base
    ...just not going to show the OP's link to the person who paid for it at Christmas!

Bought it. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

i just bought the 200 for a tenner more, was going to buy the smaller one but wasnt sure..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I bought this before seing this bargain alert still thinks its quite good value so thought I'd post as well. The chap is in Ireland in Cork as well so supporting one of our own. And before any one asks no I don't have anything to do with this shop at all I live in Dub.

Just though that it was a bargain as well
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Crumpler-Pretty-Boy-4000-XL-Camera-SLR-Camcorder-Bag_W0QQitemZ220590487253QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_BagsCases_JN?hash=item335c37b6d5

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SusieQue

questioner wrote: »
    i just bought the 200 for a tenner more, was going to buy the smaller one but wasnt sure..

From amazon??

yup, although i like the look of the crumpler now instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SusieQue

Its a tough decision! I've been lookin for ages & money is always a factor too!!

I bought blind ... but of course, I was on a tiny budget too. I just picked one from the Argos book, ordered it by phone, went to collect. When the girl handed it out I almost refused it as it is very small, but it's neat, and that suits me on the bike.

It barely fits the few bits I have, so when I do happen to buy any more gear I'll need another bag. Bah.

Just make sure to either check in person or have a good read of exactly what fits in before buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Xandra

Has anyone seen Slingshot100 and Flipside300 in real??
    Is Slingshot100 much smaller than Flipside300??

Now I have Flipside300. I wouldn't like to end up having 2 similar sizes camera bag.

Xandra wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Slingshot100 and Flipside300 in real??
    Is Slingshot100 much smaller than Flipside300??

Now I have Flipside300. I wouldn't like to end up having 2 similar sizes camera bag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKL-4hIwWoU&feature=related

That suggests you have one of the biggest slingshots. The 100aw would be smaller.

[edit] sorry, you have the flipside, this is different than the 300 slingshot yeah? looks smaller. Looks about the same size as a 100aw sling. Going by youtube clips. I'd rather the slingshot style though.

• Advertisement

My Lowepro bag arrived today. Smaller than I thought it'd be...but I wanted something relatively small to hold my camera and a couple of lenses anyhow. It'll fit my Nikon D300 with 50mmf1.8 attached,70-300VR and 18-70mm kit lens after a bit of head scratching and relocation of the internal dividers :o:D. I've also manged to squeeze in a bunch of spare memory cards,batteries,a couple of filters,rocket blower,lens pen,lens cleaning fluid and micro fibre cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 imboredstupid

the 190 is €55 including delivery from amazon at the moment.
    seems like a good deal too,well i hope it is cause i've just ordered onehttp://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/tongue.gif

There's people trying to off 100aw bags on adverts for €65 ... lol. They must be trying to get rid after seeing the special offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

is this bag smaller than the Fastpack 250?

I'm looking for a smaller bag to carry around with me and this looks like just the one I need :)

swingking wrote: »
    is this bag smaller than the Fastpack 250?

I'm looking for a smaller bag to carry around with me and this looks like just the one I need :)

According to the comments in the review here it's smaller than the Fastpack 250
    I have a Lowepro SlingShot 100 All-Weather Digital Camera Backpack (Black) that I absolutely love. It’s light, and carries lots of stuff. However, on a recent vacation, I needed something bigger that could carry a small laptop. I got the Fastpack 250 based upon the generally good reviews of this bag.

After a week of trudging through theme parks with this thing, I have the following to add to the other comments that others have made:

1) My shoulders ache. A chest strap would help immensely. I tried my best to put the weight on my hips using the waist straps, but the bag by itself is fairly hefty. Add a camera, lenses, a laptop, water bottle, and it gets heavy really quickly. I lugged around a good 20 lbs of stuff for 8-10 hours a day for a week. This bag holds a lot of stuff! But, in the end, I’m tempted to add my own chest straps…

2) Reaching for the side pocket for the camera is not nearly as easy as with the much smaller Slingshot 100. I found myself just keeping my camera around my neck most of the time.

3) This is a great replacement for a Slingshot 100 and a separate laptop bag. However, both the Slingshot 100 and the Fastpack 250 have their uses. Around town, or on trips where I won’t need everything all day long, the Slingshot 100 wins. But there are times when you need lots of gear, and this one comes in handy.

4) My camera with attached zoom lens didn’t take up the entire camera compartment, and moved around a bit. Even with moving the dividers around, I wasn’t able to get a snug of a fit as I was able to with the Slingshot 100.

5) It fits under airline seats as well as the overhead bin.

6) A extra cloth flap and possibly a waterproof cover like on the Slingshot 100 would have been nice touches.

All in all, great bag. Not perfect, but pretty good.

Thanks nforce. Although it's not showing up with free delivery anymore

Mine showed up very quickly. Arrived today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Mine showed up very quickly. Arrived today :)

Lots of amazon stuff is shipped from cork now

The link in the OP is shipped by camera king. Is this actually shipped by Amazon with super saver delivery ?

• Advertisement

swingking wrote: »
    The link in the OP is shipped by camera king. Is this actually shipped by Amazon with super saver delivery ?

It was when I posted it in the OP...they're now charging for delivery,though it's still an okay deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Mine arrived this morning; it's a tidy size; thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

there was a bigger one 200aw that ended up costing €55 I got that one arrived today. its lovely everything fits in :D all i need to do now is get off my ass and take photographs :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

got sick of waiting 3 months for 7dayshop to deliever. ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Excellent little bag. Well worth the money.

got mine today, only ordered last thursday. amazon for the win!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Saw one of these just last week, a friend was using it, very neat.

Thanks for the heads up on the price, now to work out if I can sneak another bag into the house without it being notice by my financial controller ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

got the 200... man its pretty tight fit, still, nice bag, better than my generic nikn and aldis finest by a long shot, now to pimp it to the point where it wont attract muggers...

oh and fyi they are so cheap... its the old models, not the new ones

got the 200... man its pretty tight fit, still, nice bag, better than my generic nikn and aldis finest by a long shot, now to pimp it to the point where it wont attract muggers...

Well....I've only gone and ordered a 200 now! Bl**dy G.A.S.:rolleyes::D

The 100 is fine...but I really wanted the 70-300 mounted on the camera body and needed to fit a 80-400mm too. The 100 is now relegated to housing my D80, kit lens and sundries.

PS. Free shipping is still available on the 200...comes to just over €49 delivered. :)

, now to pimp it to the point where it wont attract muggers...

any tips for this?

• Advertisement

questioner wrote: »
    any tips for this?

thinking patches and other crap, scruffy look, covering the lowepro logos for starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Nforce wrote: »
    Well....I've only gone and ordered a 200 now! Bl**dy G.A.S.:rolleyes::D

The 100 is fine...but I really wanted the 70-300 mounted on the camera body and needed to fit a 80-400mm too. The 100 is now relegated to housing my D80, kit lens and sundries.

PS. Free shipping is still available on the 200...comes to just over €49 delivered. :)

I got the 200
    I can get my sigma 70-300 lens on camera into it the remaining pocket is pretty small but it does go in

Aldi in Clondalkin still as a bunch of the €8.99 camera bags in stock of a few sizes.

I took a good look at them, and they look fairly reasonable quality (deadly for €8.99!) and they have an attached rain slicker as well.

Aldi in Clondalkin still as a bunch of the €8.99 camera bags in stock of a few sizes.

I took a good look at them, and they look fairly reasonable quality (deadly for €8.99!) and they have an attached rain slicker as well.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055901596
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

sheesh wrote: »
    I got the 200
    I can get my sigma 70-300 lens on camera into it the remaining pocket is pretty small but it does go in
    Likewsie got the 200. The 100 would have done me, but didn't see the point in getting one, and then the bigger one later on, when I got more camera stuff. Loving the way it "slides" around, so I can take the camera out with ease.

Advertisement