Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to live?

Options
  • 24-04-2010 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

Hello, i am hoping to get some help here? I applied to st.john's college and would love to get accepted onto the course this year. So i have all summer to look for accommodation. I have been checking out prices on daft.ie, my problem is i don't know where such a place is. The last thing i want is to end up on the other side of the city.

So where is a good enough place to live? The city itself or outside the city with good amenties and a good bus route. I don't want to be stuck with buses either, so wouldn't mind a good walk (30min) and hopefully getting a bicycle also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Cork is quite small, so any city suburb on the southside would fit quite well.

What type of accomodation are you looking for?

I am sure you would get a house share nice and easily within a 5 minute walk.

Anywhere around the Turners Cross, Balinlough, or Balintemple would be best I think.

Anywhere in that catchment would be perfect for a short walk into college and town.

There are probably a few houseshares around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

There's actually a really nice 2 bedroom apartment that's being renovated at the moment right under my apartment on Georges Quay, it should be up on the sites in a couple of weeks! It's in an ideal location for you , 5 minute walk from St Johns and a two minute walk from the city centre!
    Parking is a bit tricky though its street parking!

I'm paying 695 a month with a flatmate and its good, the one below me looks very nice though i wish i went for it myself! :P two bedrooms, one bathroom and a living/kichen area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

turners cross/ballyphehane, both good and near the place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

You could even look around Douglas road - Ballinlough even south douglas road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

There are plenty of apartments in the city centre available and with rents dropping, I would definately stay in the city centre if you dont have a car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement