Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for a new washing machine?

Options
  • 24-04-2010 4:23pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

anyone know the best place to go for a new washing machine, think mine has died?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

well id always put the new washing machine in the kitchen but some people use a utility room

:D harry normans, b&q, the electric store out on ballysimon road estate

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭manna452121

Keep it local,try Clancys at the parkway roundabout or Finucanes in the eastway

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭pinkieschick

Was looking about a month ago and B&Q were the best value then

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Find a model you like, then shop around. I got a dryer in curry's that was over €100 cheaper then anywhere else around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Myself and the other half bought in Soundstore the other day. We shopped around and found them the best deal.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

thanks for all the advice... just waiting to see if its worth repairing mine before i shell out for a new one... happy days:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭db

If the drum has stopped rotating it may just be that the brushes have worn out. This is a fairly easy fix if you are able to use a screwdriver and much cheaper than buying a new one. I did mine about 6 months ago and it's better than ever. Do a search on Google and you will get step by step instructions.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

don't think its the brushes, i'm hoping its the belt that needs replacing, it's making a thunking sound when you spin the drum. i'll have a good look at it tomorrow... fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Suggestion for you - just back from Finnucanes out in East Side Business Park and picked up a dishwasher - they've a sale on atm and good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Boy will your face be red when you try to wash your clothes in the dishwasher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Roadend wrote: »
    Boy will your face be red when you try to wash your clothes in the dishwasher

:D

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

oh haha you two :D no point in me picking up a washing machine if it was a dishwasher I needed. BUT - they did have a grand selection of Washing Machines there for the OP :p:)

Advertisement