Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Situations Vacant Sticky - a success?

Options
  • 24-04-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

If you've used the situations vacant sticky could you please fill out the poll and perhaps give us some feedback too.

Situations Vacant Sticky - have you? 14 votes

Recieved applications for a job placed?
    0% 0 votes
    Applied for a job advertised?
    7% 1 vote
    If you've recieved applications, were they of a high quality? i.e. did you interview them?
    42% 6 votes
    If you applied for a job, did you get any feedback/interview/a position?
    0% 0 votes
    Have you found the situations vacant sticky helpful in another way? Please post below
    28% 4 votes
    Could it be improved as a resource? Please post below.
    21% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MyBusinez.com

I think this sticky is a good idea but needs more time to grow and more business owners/ entrepreneurs need to know about it.

I've applied for jobs and received good feedback from it. I use it often also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I think its a great idea, although it is a bit under used, perhaps some sort of advertising or site notice to let employers know its there might be a good idea?

Also how about a reverse of the situations vacant thread? Where people looking for work can post a bit about themselves, there experience and what they are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

The sticky is meant to be low key and is really a service for the regular users of the Development forum. Adverts.ie have a dedicated job section which the Admins don't want us to encroach on.

I don't think a Situations Wanted is a good idea, it would get poluted very quickly, and if a user is looking to hire they'll use Situations Vacant.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

True, and we'd be competing with some very good services like coderscv.com and the like, which isn't really the idea.

Advertisement