Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry.net

Options
  • 24-04-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi

Not fully comfortable with my Blackberry just yet. I've had this a few months now but on 29th March I got a text from Blackberry saying my handheld was now registered with the wireless network. Not sure why I got this out of nowhere, I'd been using it a few months already.

Since about I've been getting extra charges on my mobile bill. After just looking at my bill online I noticed that Im getting charged 16cent every single day for what appears to be downloads of between 8kb and 11kb from Blackberry.net

Can anyone tell me what this is and how I can stop it? Dont really want to be charged an extra fiver on my bill every month for nothing?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kes83

just another note:

I take it this could be updates of some sort (firmware etc) but I've just gone in to Options>Mobile Network and then changed Data Services from ON to OFF. Would this make a difference? and hopefully stop this downloads...??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

kes83 wrote: »
    Hi

Not fully comfortable with my Blackberry just yet. I've had this a few months now but on 29th March I got a text from Blackberry saying my handheld was now registered with the wireless network. Not sure why I got this out of nowhere, I'd been using it a few months already.

Since about I've been getting extra charges on my mobile bill. After just looking at my bill online I noticed that Im getting charged 16cent every single day for what appears to be downloads of between 8kb and 11kb from Blackberry.net

Can anyone tell me what this is and how I can stop it? Dont really want to be charged an extra fiver on my bill every month for nothing?

Cheers

its one of these below / ill assume that you are with voda?

1. you are not on a blackberry plan and are being billed accordingly.
    ( yes a blackberry will work perfectly on vodafone perfect choice access plus, but as that plan is for smart phones and not blackberries you get billed for accessing blackberry.net)

2. you plan was recently changed? vodafones perfect choice plans can be confusing, ie

perfect choice access plus is for smart phones, iphones etc and

perfect choice access for blackberry is for blackberry!

have you changed price plan recently?

Hi Honda

Yes, with Vodafone. I changed from pre-pay to Vodafone Simply, a 20euro a month plan with no contract which has 100 call minutes and 100 texts. I changed this plan back around November last year and also got this Blackberry around then too.

I never had a Blackberry before and was given this from my dad after my old phone broke. Not too fussy about using the full features of Blackberry, as long as I can send and receive calls and texts. Its not a new Blackberry Id say its a few years old anyway. Just want to get rid of these extra daily charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

kes83 wrote: »
    Hi Honda

Yes, with Vodafone. I changed from pre-pay to Vodafone Simply, a 20euro a month plan with no contract which has 100 call minutes and 100 texts. I changed this plan back around November last year and also got this Blackberry around then too.

I never had a Blackberry before and was given this from my dad after my old phone broke. Not too fussy about using the full features of Blackberry, as long as I can send and receive calls and texts. Its not a new Blackberry Id say its a few years old anyway. Just want to get rid of these extra daily charges.

what price plan are you on now?
    a blackberry will try and talk back to rims servers ie blackberry.net every so often.. its madness running a blackberry without a blackberry plan, if you leave the data set to on.. it will try and talk back every so often..
    if you are just using it as a text and voice phone leave the data part permanently disabled!!

The price plan Im on is Vodafone Simply. Its a Pay Monthly without the contract. Switched from pre-pay and it allows me to switch back if I want at any stage.

So I should leave Data Services (under Mobile Network Options) switched OFF and this should cancel the Blackberry contact the server and charging me 16c every day?

Sorry, as I say Im not used to these Blackberrys just yet.

What exactly do you get from a Blackberry plan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement