Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monaghan Blackwater 10k

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 HPJ

Has anyone else done this race before? what is it like? According to the website, over 800 people took part in previous edition :confused:
    Will probably be doing it as it's close to home........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭awnow

Haven't done this race before but I run in Rossmore quite often...one of the best places to run in my opinion. Definitely go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Blackwater 10k takes place on May 16th, starting at 12 in Monaghan United Soccer grounds. The course is a 10, with the first and last 1.5 k on road, and the rest on trails and paths within Rossmore Park. The course is a good, challanging run through beautiful countryside.

Entries can be done by post with number collection on the day, or entries will be taken in Monaghan Shopping Centre from 10-4 on Saturday 15th. There is a T-Shirt for all entries and a medal and goodie bag for all finishers. All proceeds from the event goes to local charities and entry is 15 for runners and 10 for walkers... good value in these recessionary times! It is also a fun family day with bouncy castles, face painting etc for the kids... all free of charge.

Last year over 800 people participated, approx 400 runners and 400 walkers.

The race is run under AAI rules.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I will post replies.

Question on the route; when the race goes in the main gates of Rossmore and over along the staight, does it go straight up the hill towards the castle or take a wee detour in around the turbine/resevoir/dam area as is suggested by the map on the website? The way it seems to be marked out at present indicates to me that we go straight up the hill but maybe I'm incorrect! :confused:

Yes, I am incorrect...it's as per the electronic map! Ran it today...fantastic course...roll on next Sunday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Running the race for the first time. Will there be any shower facilities afterwards?

Anyone do the Blackwater 10k yesterday? Was a great day out for all. We had over 440 runners, and over 1000 participants. Thanks to all for helping make this a great success.

Any and all feedback welcome.

Domer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Yes Domer, I was there as a runner - very enjoyable experience, well organised, fantastic course, cool T-shirt and handy wee goody bag. First time doing it, but I'll be back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭aidz

Done the blackwater 10k for the first time ever.
    very well organised.
    done no training so me legs are in bits today!!!
    will hopefully be in better shape for it next year

Yes, done the Blackwater 10k on Sunday too. An excellent race...Rossmore park...what a setting! Agree with the other posters, very well organised and great refreshments and plenty of banter afterwards! 5-6k was the toughest part of race.

Will definitely be back for more next year despite it being a struggle in the clammy conditions! Highly recommend it to people of all fitness levels! A rewarding experience indeed. Roll on '11!

Any results up yet?

• Advertisement

Results are up

http://www.monaghansports.ie/programmes/Blackwater10kRun.html

Awnow, why the thumbs down :-(

Domer

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gleeson90

All them pictures that were taken by the photographers, they up on any website? No really good 1s were in the Northern Standard

Great fast race btw! Felt longr than a 10k tho, prob cause of inclines

Domer wrote: »
    Awnow, why the thumbs down :-(

Domer

Look again Domer...a big thumbs up on my post

How could it be anything else :)

Advertisement