Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hiring a rally car??

• 24-04-2010 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Thinkin about hiring something like a Citroen C2 R2 for a days forestry rallying. It will be my first time out. Does anyone know how much it would cost to hire something like this per kilometre incl. tyres etc..?? Any other advice welcome! Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hge19

I've a fair idea how the rallying world works! Thought that might be a problem alright. OK, forget the C2, say were looking at a 03 model civic. Any ideas what you're lookin at re price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

For a 205GTi, you're looking at approx 600 to 800 euro for the car, Insurance of about the same (which you'll have to pay - nobody will hire to a first timer without it) plus fuel and tyres. Budget about 2K for the car. Most operate on a "you bend it, you mend it" policy.

You'll have the entry fee (490), IRDS loading (as it's your first event) of 20 to 40 Euro, accommodation for you and service crew etc so allow 1K for these.

I assume you have a competition licence? If not, allow another 350 (IIRC, open to correction on that figure) for the course.

If you've just got or are getting a competition licence, it'll be a National B licence, limiting the car to a 1650cc normally aspirated. If you're thinking of a Type R EP3 Civic, you'll need a National A licence (and I can't think of anybody hiring an EP3 Civic - James Foley Maybe?)

hge19 wrote: »
    I've a fair idea how the rallying world works!

Do you really know how rallying works? You want to hire a C2R2 (which are changing hands for 40K typically) first time out and then want to hire a EP3 Civic (thanks to their weak 'boxes won't take much hammering because of the torque reversals put on it from gravel) which are never entered in a Forest Rally in Ireland?

PM me and I'll give you as much info as I can. I'm stuck in rallying in Cork in a major way

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yungb

ianobrien wrote: »
    Do you really know how rallying works? You want to hire a C2R2 (which are changing hands for 40K typically) first time out and then want to hire a EP3 Civic (thanks to their weak 'boxes won't take much hammering because of the torque reversals put on it from gravel) which are never entered in a Forest Rally in Ireland?

PM me and I'll give you as much info as I can. I'm stuck in rallying in Cork in a major way

anyway an EP3 civic is 2.0 litre. ya have to have 5 r 6 events finished in a 1600cc or less

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hge19

Cheers for all dat. Wouldnt be too keen on de bolt ins in some of those 205gti's. Thats why i'd prefer to do it in a bit of style and sure f**K it if she ends up in a ditch it happens. A nice result might get ya recognised, ya never know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Go to a Wexford Motor Club meeting and talk to some of the lads there.Lots of guys have cars but can no longer afford the running costs/entry fees and might rent under the right conditions.

hge19 wrote: »
    Cheers for all dat. Wouldnt be too keen on de bolt ins in some of those 205gti's. Thats why i'd prefer to do it in a bit of style and sure f**K it if she ends up in a ditch it happens. A nice result might get ya recognised, ya never know!

I can tell you now that with an attitude like that, you're going to have a short Motorsport career. I know a few who hire rally cars and an d
    attitude like that will have you out the door. Go to your local motor club. You'll meet genuine people who will set you straight

Advertisement