Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod benefits

Options
  • 24-04-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

Out of a matter of interest, I was just wondering what the benefits of being a mod are? As opposed to the extra benefits of being a subscriber are, we'll say.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There are actually less benefits to being a mod than there are to being a subscriber. A subscriber can change their avatar, tagline, username, can store more pms and probably some other stuff. Mods don't have any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

There are actually less benefits to being a mod than there are to being a subscriber. A subscriber can change their avatar, tagline, username, can store more pms and probably some other stuff. Mods don't have any of this.

Ah right, I see. I was under the impression that Mods could have their own avatars.
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

As of recently, mods can select their own avatars. There's also some extra PM storage. A lot of mods are also subscribers so there's a bit of a mix there too.

Also, the powah, mainly doing it for the powah!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Can non-subscriber mods access the S&S forum? I've always wondered that!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Can non-subscriber mods access the S&S forum? I've always wondered that!

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mcmickey

Interesting. Doubt if I'd have the refereeing ability to be a mod. It's over a year since I was on boards.ie anayway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

An emboldened name garners more thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

WindSock wrote: »
    An emboldened name garners more thanks :pac:

I thought the extra thanks were because of the extra stars?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Jay P wrote: »
    I thought the extra thanks were because of the extra stars?
    You've got to be kidding me...:)

Advertisement