Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRA medals

• 24-04-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭

my grandfather has old ira medals lying around issued from before 1922

anyone have an idea how much these might be worth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

depending on which ones, box, etc...and if its named (on the medal)
    also, any documents, photos etc... of your grandfathers IRA history will add value

im no expert, but without knowing which medals he has, and how many medals, its hard to even guess

post pictures if you can

(i wouldnt sell it peronally)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Robus

happytime wrote: »
    my grandfather has old ira medals lying around issued from before 1922

The "IRA" medals were issued in 1941, 1966 and 1971, ie Easter rising medal, war of independence medal, Easter Rising survivors and war of independence survivors.

As suggested post a picture please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 molders

Prices for Republican medals have dropped a little in the last two years (what hasn't!) but the last 1916 medal I seen for sale made just over 2,000, the last Comrac about 600, ordinary 1921 service medal about 300, the 1966 about 4,500 and the 1971 medal about 300 as well. A couple of years ago you'd have double those prices. Check out www.adams.ie and look back in their Independence catalogues.

Advertisement