Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overzealous shop assistants

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Bond-007 wrote: »
    The pram is a shoplifters tool of the trade, sad to say.

Absolutely. In my shop, I figure every 2nd pram leaves with something hidden. You can never be sure though, and it's not worth asking once they leave - being wrong could mean a court case, am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

So too are large bags and baggy jumpers......but a security man follwing you around the shop, making it very obvious that he's staring at you is outright rude.

On one occasion, I had a basket full of shopping, balanced on the hood of the buggy as always, went to the till to pay. The security man, having followed me around the shop, came and stood by the till watching me pay!!

Actually, I'm getting so angry writing this that the next time this happens I'm going to complain to the shop manager!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

I never understand customers who come in, ask a million questions about a product, request their size etc......and then say ''I just wanted to see if you have it'' before leaving. Seriously wtf? Who makes the effort of going into the city to peruse a €6 item, ask technical questions just ''to see.''

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

macy9 wrote: »
    I never understand customers who come in, ask a million questions about a product, request their size etc......and then say ''I just wanted to see if you have it'' before leaving. Seriously wtf? Who makes the effort of going into the city to peruse a €6 item, ask technical questions just ''to see.''
    Well a €6 item would be odd, others could be heading off to buy it online after checking it out beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

rubadub wrote: »
    Well a €6 item would be odd, others could be heading off to buy it online after checking it out beforehand.

This is worse again, wasting a shop assistants time (when they could be helping real customers) only to go buy in a different retailer because they work out a couple of quid cheaper online.:mad:
    You can spot them a mile away, they listen intently to everything, then back away at the last minute.
    When I deal with these time wasters I really hope what they buy online breaks so they have to go through online warranty and the hassle of posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

This is worse again, wasting a shop assistants time (when they could be helping real customers) only to go buy in a different retailer because they work out a couple of quid cheaper online.:mad:
    You can spot them a mile away, they listen intently to everything, then back away at the last minute.
    When I deal with these time wasters I really hope what they buy online breaks so they have to go through online warranty and the hassle of posting.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I don't mind asky-customers. I'm lucky enough to sell something I'm interested in, so I enjoy a good natter about the product. It's much for muchness whether they buy it or not, for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

I always play this game at work:

ME: ''Are you ok there?''
    CUSTOMER: ''Im Fine'' (therefore I get no sale as they presumably don't want help)

Next customer

ME: ''Can I assist you with x product?''
    Customer: ''Yes, do you have.....''

And I get a sale.

Its essentially the same question but with an entirely different result.

Works about 80% of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

hate being hounded by sales people in stores, and when they try to sell you crap you dont need or want like extra laces and protector rubbish for boots etc.

they would sell much more if they leave customers make their mind up before they attack with "can i help you". leave browsers alone!

Advertisement