Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well what have I missed??

• 24-04-2010 9:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I've been away for the last two days in a non snooker/Internet location (in thomasland with the kids)!!

On my way home and I'm nothing short of stunned, I've just heard that Davis beat Higgins, (delighted) Dott is murdering Maguire, and Robertson just scrambled over the line against Gould.

What the hell has been going on in the Cruicble??
    Guess I picked a bad few days to go away!

I'm off to the semi's and final next fri, who's going to in the final?

Can the nugget possibly win a 7th title, my thoughts are if he can beat a player and current world champion of John Higgins's standard over 25 frames well then why not?

Any thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

zack01 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I've been away for the last two days in a non snooker/Internet location (in thomasland with the kids)!!

On my way home and I'm nothing short of stunned, I've just heard that Davis beat Higgins, (delighted) Dott is murdering Maguire, and Robertson just scrambled over the line against Gould.

What the hell has been going on in the Cruicble??
    Guess I picked a bad few days to go away!

I'm off to the semi's and final next fri, who's going to in the final?

Can the nugget possibly win a 7th title, my thoughts are if he can beat a player and current world champion of John Higgins's standard over 25 frames well then why not?

Any thoughts anyone?

Jeez, I'd love if you were right and Steve did it, but I honestly think its a bridge too far. He's had 2 hard matches, very draining. I just cant see him being able to keep that up for another 10 days. But I hope 'm wrong. I'm heading over on monday night fir his quarter final match with Robertson. He gave steve a bit of a hiding last year in the 1st round, but he's just after a tough match himself. Steve needs to get off to a good start though. Robertson is a good frontrunner, so a decent start is imperrative.

My own fancy for the title is Ding. he's been consistant all year, and I've had a few bob on him. I also backed Carter and Murphy before it started, so hopefully, I'll have an interest in the latter stages of the tourney.

Connie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

you missed this >>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fDFT-RPdeU

lots of the matches are on youtube if you haven't been tapeing (sp?) . Just put in snooker and go to recent uploads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Selby will do the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You missed the start of one of the best crucible tournaments in YEARS. Thrilling matches so far, but theres plenty to go yet, PLUS your actually going over there! Enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

im going over for the semi and the finals, can't wait. been watching it all week. 4 nights booked at the hilton too for peanuts :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kildare snooker

Steve Davis has brought snooker back to main sports headlines,
    this year has seen some epic matches,
    i think the fact the pockets are so much tighter this year has made for some very tight matches and not very many century breaks

Advertisement