Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I run therefore I am

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭earnyourturns

Gimpy arm eh? Ah well if it's good enough for Haile Gebrselassie! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Gimpy arm eh? Ah well if it's good enough for Haile Gebrselassie! :)

Exactly ;)

nicked out again this morning. Lovely run, new I was gonna be a minute faster than yesterday so pushed it at the end. 46:30 for 5.13. Happy with progress this week but legs are a little stiff and sore so tomorrow off and maybe be a bit more sensible next week. It's hard when u r full of enthusiasm. I have a wedding next weekend - family so that's gonna kerb (curve?) that enthusiasm a bit - except for dancing haw haw haw haw stayin' alive stayin' alive ............ 5.13

oh also broke in my new runners today, they seem lovely, softer to the touch and lighter on the feet, felt like I was walking on the moon like none other than me main man - Buzz Lightyear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Sub430

[QUOTE=OI;65676333kerb (curve?)[/QUOTE]

Curb ;)

Sub430 wrote: »
    Curb ;)

D'OH :)

46 mins tonight for 5.12, nice to break 9 mm for that distance.... 5.12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Your getting back into it fairly well - speed coming up to ya again - well done there man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Fair play for stepping up to join the relay team! I hear you're filling a big pair of shoes of someone who's stepped aside ;)

But seriously, Cork is going to be loads of fun and it'll be good to have something to aim for without pressuring yourself to get a PB or anything... Pace is coming back nicely, but don't try to do too much too soon, gotta build that mileage up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

xebec wrote: »
    But seriously, Cork is going to be loads of fun and it'll be good to have something to aim for without pressuring yourself to get a PB or anything...

Also, pints with the team afterwards will be a lot of fun :)

Cork last year was great craic, kinda wish I was doing it again this year. Good luck!

Thanks xebec and rk, I'm really looking forward to it now.

I have to say I am probably not the most sensible trainer out there. When things are going well, I tend to want to go out there all the time and worse, beat the previous nights time over the same route. But I am gonna be much more sensible this time. I'll treat today's run as a tempo run and just enjoy easy runs for the rest of the week. Then throw in another tempo run next week etc.

51 mins running, nice and handy ....... 5.12

• Advertisement

lunch time run 48:43 for 5.1 miles. Word of warning: it is warm out there and energy sapping. That was a tough run but I felt I finished strongly. Sweat buckets out there today......................5.12

2 day weddings + savage amounts of drink + OI = bad week of running. Godammit, I can't do that anymore, I'm too freakin' old. Anyways back out there today. Really gonna focus on Cork now from this moment on and get some good training in over the next 3 weeks. I benefitted from a beautiful sun shower on my run today, cheers jebus for that. I did not benefit from whatever the fook bit me on my calf at the weekend........ 5.12

Nowt to report this morning ......... 5.12

A monday evening run that quickly turned into a speed session. 44:52 for ........ 5.12

If i could knock 45 secs off that for Cork, i would be thrilled, happy enough with progress. Easy now for the rest of the week.

5.12 miles tonight..... 5.12

In the mid day heat...... 5.12 and now we BBQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well deserved BBQ! It's an evening for cold beer and barbeque food alright :)

5.12 miles this evening in 44:10, that's 8:37 min miles. Again, it was a tempo run but pretty happy with that especially considering the bit of heat. Easy runs for the rest of the week.

You know I was thinking today about the marathon. These days I'm doing really easy runs during the week and I have much more energy for the quicker stuff. 7 weeks prior to the marathon last year, I ran 18 at pmp - crazy

Guess what ...... 5.12

Quick update not been training that mug because been a bit ill lately, hope to b ok by tomorrow

• Advertisement

Really not the Mae west. Went out and ran the 5.12 route and then suffered a fit of coughing afterwards. Going to chemist now to get some exputex .......5.12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Hope you recover!! See you on sunday! What time are you down at? I am heading down in Woddles car, I reckon I should be hitting the hotel round 5pm.

Definitely hope to be there before 6. See ya there.

hardest run ever this morning, maybe it was the solid effort last night in the heat or the dose I have. I have never sweated as much either. Felt great after it though if a little tired now.

5.12 miles this morning - hot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Enjoy Monday!

ULstudent wrote: »
    Enjoy Monday!

Thanks UL, looking forward to it. Don't mean to start excuse fest already but dose still hasn't cleared. My throat is killing me, but that might have something to do with the few beers and half a bottle of wine I had last night. Went to see One Night in Istanbul last night avec Mrs. OI. It was hilarious, not for the faint hearted. At the end the whole audience were on their feet singing we one it five times. I'm ashamed to say I never realised that it was to the tune of sloop john b. You could never tell with the way the fans sing it. Anyway it was nice to relive it, the greatest natural high I was ever on that night 25th May 2005 (ok I was langers as well).

See the rest of you langers in a while.

Brilliant morning this morning. Both team reached their goals and everyone is happy. Everyone performed brilliantly. I ran the third leg which was down for 5.8 miles in 46:54. I'm delighted with that as haven't been training as well as I should and had a bit of a dose. Finished strongly as well so maybe could have gone a little faster. My leg was deadly, along by the Lee and then through a forest, really nice. First mile was into driving wind and rain but other than that it was sheltered and flat except for one steep incline up a flyer. Brilliant morning........5.8 miles

Lying on the bed feeling knackered, so I said feck it recovery run. And it wert lovely.5 miles at 11's pace, most enjoyable run ever. Legs were a little niggly after yesterday but nothing serious. Really nice weather as well if a little warm.......5.

I changed my route by the way. But not my facial hair, that may have to go soon though, Mrs OI not a fan.

• Advertisement

Evening run, bit quicker than I intended. Pretty warm out there as well. Ye olde 5.12 route. IT bands are niggly after the race on Monday. Should be ok though, rolling pin wasn't too sore before the run. I'm gonna gear all my training to the 10k on the 25th July, then ill decide about the marathon. These days I'm mostly listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata&v=wfzs7yhlGu8 Squarepusher.

Advertisement