Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball Lost and Found

Options
  • 24-04-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I'm sure I'm not the only one needing this forum- I found a phone at the ball yesterday. PM me if you lost it, describing your phone, and hopefully I'll be able to get it back to you as soon as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Possibly better to hand it in to UCD Admin, SU, Ents or something similar - doubt the whole attendance at the Ball yesterday read the forum (could be wrong!)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hanron

Ah yeah, I know, but sure might as well get the word out over the weekend if I can. Popped it on Facebook too, more people will probably see it there. I'll give it in to the Tierney building tomorrow if I don't hear from anyone. Seems like loads of people lost cameras/ phones, though, so there might be a bit more traffic on these forums over the next few days if people are trying to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Hey, what's the link for the Facebook mention? I know someone, probably not on boards, who lost her phone at the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnstoner

hello , thankyou for setting up this forum . by any chance is the phone a nokia really shiny front and back ! slim and quite long . the name of the phone is the 6700 classic . heres a link to what it looks like

http://www.google.ie/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=923&q=nokia%206700%20classic&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw

thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

It's a phone :S

Just ring someone on their recently dialled list. Or if all fails, call one of their parents. That seems the obvious thing to do. Even if the battery is dead, you can just switch the sim card into another phone and get it that way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thread is from 2010 (last year's ball).

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

From UCD Ents:
    UCD Ents
    Lost & Found from the Ball will be in the SU from Tuesday- Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

stop wrote: »
    From UCD Ents:

Lost my Xperia x8, hopefully it's there :o

EDIT: no luck :( Though rather suspiciously no phones were found. The security must have had a field day finding phones. Gonna check the online adverts websites for anyone selling an X8. Gonna be murder if I find my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Lost my Xperia x8, hopefully it's there :o

EDIT: no luck :( Though rather suspiciously no phones were found. The security must have had a field day finding phones. Gonna check the online adverts websites for anyone selling an X8. Gonna be murder if I find my phone

Try Donnybrook Gardai 01 666 9200 just in case it was passed to them.

[side note] According to bookface: Jonny said he would post a list of the lost & found on Sunday evening, he instead planned a trip to Amsterdam, and finally posted the info around half three today.

The SU are only holding the items until close of business Friday after which they will be donating it to St Vincent de Paul. People complained about UCDs lost and found being passed to wefoundit.ie after a couple of weeks, I wonder how people will take this 3 day time limit while the place is out of term..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭Alkers

stop wrote: »
    Try Donnybrook Gardai 01 666 9200 just in case it was passed to them.

[side note] According to bookface: Jonny said he would post a list of the lost & found on Sunday evening, he instead planned a trip to Amsterdam, and finally posted the info around half three today.

The SU are only holding the items until close of business Friday after which they will be donating it to St Vincent de Paul. People complained about UCDs lost and found being passed to wefoundit.ie after a couple of weeks, I wonder how people will take this 3 day time limit while the place is out of term..

That is insane, only open for one day and they hand it over?!?!
    My friend got a phone back but not from security, from another ball goer who found him on facebook. Maybe more people do this with phones rather than hand them in?

• Advertisement
Advertisement