Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP PLEASE

• 24-04-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭

Just a quick question, I have a fairly cheap mountain bike i bought from halfords 2yrs ago and i want to do the clec race in carlingford in the summer but i dont think the bike is up to it. It is an apollo with a aluiminum frame so i am wondering could i use the frame and buy fairly good parts for it or get a decent bike ( money tight) and what parts would i have to change

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

the short answer is no, get a completely new, road specific bike. the phrase you can polish a turd comes to mind. Unfortunately i can't really advise what to buy, but i'd suggest looking at the second hand market adverts or gumtree are usually a good pace to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭theduke1

i have a road bike but this race is off road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Stoopid! sorry about that, well as i know very little about mountain biking i'll let someone more qualified than me advise you on how to spend your money.
    enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Forget about the bike, just buy a proper MTB. BSO with aluminium frames are still crap frames, poor grade of alloy and poor construction.

Have a Look around €400 will get you something adequate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭theduke1

cheers for that kona

• Advertisement
Advertisement