Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonfert Pet Farm

Options
  • 24-04-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Found this the other day so brought the kids today and they loved it. Only open this year and its really good. It was five euro in per person, toddler went free. They have rabbits, llamas, horses, pigs, lambs and a few other animals. There is also a huge bouncy castle and a kids play area. Had a tea and kids had ice cream while listening to the donkey giving out and the geese chasing the horses (very funny). Was there for a couple of hours so worth the money, have two very happy kids now (although toddler now wants a donkey:().

Just thought I'd let others know about it as I only happened to drive by one of their road signs during the week by chance, hadn't heard of it before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Went there a couple of weeks ago. It's €15 for a family as well. The kids fed the lambs from a bottle and were in the fowl enclosure trying to pick up the hens and ducks. It's definitely value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

between maynooth, clane and kilcock

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i'm not sure exactly where it is but if ya come out of clane towards kilcock take a right at baltracey cross, its a very wide junction at the next left ya will see a sign for clonfert pet farm

It's very out of the way but well signposted. From Maynooth - either take the Straffan Road (turn right at the substation) or the Kilcock Road (left after the NK Rugby Club) and follow the signs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Went today ,highly recommended .Ran by very nice people .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Went out with our 2 boys (6 and 3) today. Spoke to the owner for a few minutes (he produced a bottle of milk for our boys to feed the lams through the fence with) and he said the farm is only open since Christmas. It was €15 for the 4 of us and we were there for 40 minutes all in. Most of that time was spent on the bouncy castle and swings.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 olafshiel

It's easy enough to find, there are lots of signs everywhere one you get into the area, one of the nicest things to do in kildare with kids They have a google map on their website for more detailed directions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Most awesome place ever, may have been without any children in tow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Great family place. We brought our 4yo son to his friend's birthday party there a few weeks ago and I would definitely recommend it for this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jenbrowne

Could anyone please tell me directions to clonfert pet farm from clans town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jenbrowne

Could someone please give me directions to clonfert pet farm from clane town?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I use Google Maps to get there. i would never find it otherwise.

Take the Kilcock Road. Turn right at Baltracey Cross. Then follow the signs from there. If you go as far as Ladychapel on that road you've gone too far. It's a left turn off the road between Baltracey and Ladychapel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Advertisement