Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A fashion overhaul...

• 24-04-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi guys

I'm new to the F&A forum. Basically, now I've turned 25, I'm looking to run a complete overhaul on my wardrobe - essentially my entire press consists of t-shirts and hoodies. I dress a little bit 'urban' (some longer t-shirts, hoodies, hi-tops etc) and a little bit 'rock' (leather jackets, Converses, checked shirts).

Basically I'm trying to make my look a little bit more grown up (with a few smarter pieces) while still keeping me, me. If that makes sense...

I'm a tall and pretty slim guy (6'2" / 12 stone), fair skin, dirty blonde/light brown hair. So if anybody has links to some clothes/styles they think would suit my appearance, it would be most appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 radha

I'm not a guy but I like French Connection for both men and women's clothes. They have that urban edge and the quality of their clothes is really good. I think that's also really important when you're trying to change / enhance your wardrobe. Maybe take a look at some of their shirts and polo tops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I know exactly what you mean, OP!!!

I'm only 21, but since I was like 13, I've more or less been dressing the same; hoodie, jeans, t-shirt, runners, etc.

Nothing necessarily wrong with that image (very comfy and all that), but I've recently realised that I just wanted to be dressing better; shirts and slacks and so on.

There are lots of brilliant clothes shops that cater for men in Dublin that can provide the appropriate assistance here, and help you upgrade your image. Stroll around, use your imagination and don't be afraid to ask for help from the sales assistants; that's what they're there for!!!

Good luck, and happy hunting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Diesel do really nice mens clothes, like short sleeve shirts and jeans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kizzle

If you take a look at www.asos.com you might get a few ideas from there? they have little sections on trend inspiration and the likes!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love French Connection for men. I always bring my 26 year old brother there. Also, Ted Baker for lovely shirts. These are a bit pricey, but even have a look to see what they have, then try get something similar in a cheaper shop.
    He usually wears shirts, has a few like this http://www.frenchconnection.com/product/Man+Collections+Shirts/52BZ3/Vintage+Dobby+Shirt.htm and dark denim jeans, usually Levi's 501s, but you said you're tall and skinny, so you could try a more slim fitting pair. Not skinny skinny jeans now, but something in the middle!
    Shoe wise, he has something like these http://ie.schuh.co.uk/brown-and-orange-adidas-ciero/3411350250/
    Instead of hoodies, you could look for a light jacket for this time of year. Zara and H&M are really good for these.

• Advertisement
Advertisement