Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon league! Meet ups every Tuesday 6-9pm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

'Fraid not. In work till 5.30 :(

If ye are around the dundrum area after however, I'm free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

'Fraid not. In work till 5.30 :(

If ye are around the dundrum area after however, I'm free!
    Myself and Rocket Butch should be around for most of the day if you fancy coming in anyway.

To All coming today: the weather is set to be typical Ireland, just a reminder that the meeting point in case of rain is the GPO not the Spire :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll get in around 12 (unless the train is delayed) so I'll get to the Spire a bit after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Meetup, anyone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm up in Dublin tomorrow (going to a Warhammer 40k book singing) but I'd say that's too short-notice for others.

• Advertisement

Ok so next meetup this tuesday the 12th for the TCG league! Bring your cards and games :)

It's at 1pm in Gamersworld on Jervis Street, just directly around the corner from the Jervis St. luas stop. Map here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its this tuesday? Damn it, I got the leaving :(

I don't envy you!

Would this be the registration thingy or something.... cos my thing don't start till 2, and I'm only ten minutes out of town, I could go and sign up, then be there in time...

I lack cards, and I'm going up for a concert on Wednesday so I can't really afford to go up two days in a row =/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Or even Tuesday the 12th atavan? :P
    Don't matter anyways next up is Tuesday the 19th!

I might show up at this one, going to a concert in Dublin that day.

Where exactly is gamersworld?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

cloud493 wrote: »
    Where exactly is gamersworld?

Considering you no where every game shop is in Dublin this is big shake to the system

A google will find it for you
    Its in
    Unit 1, Jervis St
    Dublin 1

And i would not be seen in a place like that what will my future kids think of me for going into one of them places and still play pokemon cards at 20 years old :O

Meetup tomorrow! Same bat time/place as previously.

I won't be in attendance tomorrow due to work. Boo!

Meeting before Gamesworld, or at it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

League today! If I'm not out by 1 I defo will be for half 1 so have some patience.
    Also hoping that our stuff is finally here today! Fingers crossed folks! See you at Gamers World.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Cloud493 brought me here :P
    Hello all, just wondering do you always meetup on tuesdays or is it just for the summer holidays? And does anyone still use their pokewalker? I stopped bothering after mine died but I still kinda wanna get the 100,000 watt course for the sake of completing it 100% :pac:

Most people play 5th gen these days, might get a few people with heartgold/platinum though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AAmazing0

Hey Guys

I was just floating around and I saw this thread and wanted to get in touch. I have read a few posts and see that you guys like to meet up from time to time. Do you guys play TCG, B/W or both?

I ask because I organize Pokemon events with PMP (Youtube Channel) as AAmazing0 (my youtube channel) and just held one there last week at ArcadeCon. I really should have advertised these events here rather than online. But just wanted to get your guys feedback and hopefully organize a meet up.

Regards,

AA

• Advertisement

I still use my Pokéwalker, mostly because it's the only pedometer I have. Plus, the Umbreon I've had in and out of there for the last year and a half is now level 89, and I haven't trained it outside the walker since it was level 23 :D

I'll happily meet up and play B/W, but I don't go to cons.

Urizen wrote: »
    I still use my Pokéwalker, mostly because it's the only pedometer I have. Plus, the Umbreon I've had in and out of there for the last year and a half is now level 89, and I haven't trained it outside the walker since it was level 23 :D

I'll happily meet up and play B/W, but I don't go to cons.

Thanks for replying.

May I ask why don't you attend cons?

I kinda figured people had moved on to 5th gen, but after being spoiled by seeing my pokes follow me around in HGSS it's hard to go back to the loneliness of Unova :O

On topic; Does anybody play Super Pokemon Rumble? I got it for my birthday but barely made a dent in the story, it would be pretty cool to play co-op(if thats even possible?:P)

AAmazing0 wrote: »
    Hey Guys

I was just floating around and I saw this thread and wanted to get in touch. I have read a few posts and see that you guys like to meet up from time to time. Do you guys play TCG, B/W or both?

I ask because I organize Pokemon events with PMP (Youtube Channel) as AAmazing0 (my youtube channel) and just held one there last week at ArcadeCon. I really should have advertised these events here rather than online. But just wanted to get your guys feedback and hopefully organize a meet up.

Regards,

AA

Both, its all good fun. You can win cool card promos and shizz :cool:
    I actually bought super rumble yesterday, haven't started yet.

Send us a PM when you get about World 3:D

AAmazing0 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying.

May I ask why don't you attend cons?

Because I'm not big into anime, really. Pokémon, Death Note, Afro Samurai; that's really it. And I don't care enough to pay €20 for what I'd do; go for battling and the possible Brony panels. I know those particular Bronies quite well and see them otherwise, and I can battle online if I need to. I don't see why I'd pay for the privilege :P

Plus, I quite dislike some of the 'popular' animes, like Bleach, DBZ, any of that. So there's very little else I'd get out of the experience, beyond the opportunity to look down on furries :P (I joke).

Now if something like BronyCon showed up, I'd be there in ten seconds flat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Urizen wrote: »
    And I don't care enough to pay €20 for what I'd do; go for battling and the possible Brony panels. I know those particular Bronies quite well and see them otherwise, and I can battle online if I need to. I don't see why I'd pay for the privilege :P

Because everyone else does? ;)

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Because everyone else does? ;)

If everyone else jumped off a bridge, Chris? :P

We're meeting on Monday this week chaps. Popzmaster has limited internet access to say the least :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    We're meeting on Monday this week chaps. Popzmaster has limited internet access to say the least :rolleyes:

What time? Where?

Advertisement